From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Masking (disambiguation))
Masking can mean:
- Applying or using a face mask
- Auditory masking, sensory phenomena where the perception of one sound is affected by another
- Backmasking, a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward onto a track that is meant to be played forward
- Backward masking in psychovisual or psychoacoustics
- Female masking, a form of male cross-dressing
- Masking (in art or microtechnology), protecting a selected area from change during production
- Materials used to protect portions of a work from unintended change, such as masking tape, frisket, and stencils
- Masking (illustration), an art technique that influences the intended perception of a character.
- Mask (computing), AND'ing or OR'ing a bit pattern with another bit pattern to select some bits
- Masking agent, a reagent used in chemical analysis which reacts with (thus sequestering) chemical species which may interfere in the analysis
- Sound masking, the intentional introduction of background sounds to improve comfort and privacy
- Spectral mask, a method for reducing adjacent-channel interference in broadcast applications
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Masking.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.