Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is a Cabinet level agency under the Governor of Massachusetts. EOHHS is largest secretariat in Massachusetts, and is responsible for the Medicaid program, child welfare, public health, disabilities, veterans’ affairs, and elder affairs. In total, EOHHS oversees 17 state agencies.
The agency is under the supervision and control of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, who is appointed by the Governor.
- Board of Registration in Medicine
- Department of Children & Families
- Department of Developmental Services
- Department of Elder Affairs
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Transitional Assistance
- Department of Veterans' Services
- Department of Youth Services
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- Office for Refugees & Immigrants
- Soldiers' Home in Chelsea
- Soldiers' Home in Holyoke
- Wangsness, Lisa (December 18, 2006). "Patrick fills health, development Cabinet spots". Boston Globe. Retrieved 23 April 2012.