|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Date of birth||9 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Bentivoglio, Italy|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
(on loan from Parma)
|2006–2007||→ Sambenedettese (loan)||31||(0)|
|2010||→ Lecce (loan)||5||(0)|
|2011||→ Crotone (loan)||13||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Ascoli (loan)||34||(3)|
|2013–||→ Cremonese (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 July 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Bentivoglio, the Province of Bologna, Loviso started his career at Bologna F.C. 1909. After made his debut on 8 November 2003, a 0–0 draw with Brescia as starter, Loviso mainly played as backup.
In June 2007, he joined Serie A side Livorno in co-ownership deal. He only made 16 starts in the first season. Loviso followed the team relegated to Serie B after Livorno bought him outright in June 2008. Partnered with Alessandro Diamanti and Antonio Candreva in the midfield, he won promotion back to Serie A.
During 2009–10 season, Ultras of Torino attacked the players during David Di Michele's birthday party. After the incident the players involved: Di Michele, Loviso, Riccardo Colombo, Aimo Diana, Marco Pisano, Francesco Pratali, Paolo Zanetti were transferred to other clubs and only Rolando Bianchi, Matteo Rubin and Angelo Ogbonna were remained.
In August 2012 he left for Ascoli Calcio 1898 in temporary deal.
On 29 June 2013. few days before the closure of 2012–13 financial year of FC Crotone and Parma F.C. SpA, Loviso was sold to Parma in exchange for Fabio Lebran to Crotone. 50% registration rights of both players were "valued" €400,000. Loviso signed a 2-year contract. In July 2013 Loviso was loaned to Cremonese.
- Fabio Giorgi (26 June 2007). "Boom di punte a Livorno". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Loviso è del Toro". Torino FC (in Italian). 6 August 2009. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- Torino FC SpA Report and Accounts on 31 December 2011 (Italian)
- Fabrizio Turco (7 January 2010). "Il Torino è senza pace Ora si parla di sciopero". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Torino fans in player restaurant attack". Soccernet. 2010-01-07. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Di Michele e Loviso al Lecce". Torino FC (in Italian). 1 February 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Primavera: vittoria 2–1 ad Empoli". Torino FC (in Italian). 4 December 2010. Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- Parma F.C. S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2013, PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A. (Italian)
- "Massimo Loviso e Simone Palermo in grigiorosso" (in Italian). US Cremonese. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Profile at La Gazzetta dello Sport (2007–08) (Italian)
- Profile at AIC.Football.it (Italian)
- Lega Serie B profile (Italian)