Master of Business
A Master of Business (MBus) or Master of Business Studies is an academic degree refers to a qualification in the degree of master that can be obtained by students of recognized universities and colleges who complete the relevant approved postgraduate programmes of study, pass the prescribed examinations, and fulfil all other prescribed conditions.
Generally, MBus is similar to Master of Commerce (MCom); these two degrees do not have significant difference.
The Master of Business is usually designed for:
- Students who want a ‘conversion' option to move from a background of little or no business study to a basic knowledge of skills relevant to business and commerce
- Students who have a business degree but who want to re-train in a different area of commerce or wish to develop higher-level skills in their chosen discipline.
The course will differ from institution to institution and can be in either taught or researched format but in general, it will encompass some or all of the following modules; Students who wish to focus in a particular area of study may choose a sequence of courses from within the specialisations:
- Accounting & Auditing
- Corporate Responsibility
- Electronic Business
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Information Systems
- Management & Organisation Studies
- Management Consultancy
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
The orientation of the programme very much depends on the chosen specialisation. Students can eventually choose to specialize in any of the above areas or in areas of particular relevance to them and their future careers. A typical course outline involves both structured coursework and independent research, with a strong emphasis on student initiative.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Master of Science in Management
- Doctor of Commerce
- Business school
- Business schools listed by country