List of human resource management graduate degree programs
This list of human resource management graduate degree programs includes professional masters degrees concentrated in industrial relations and human resource management. Due to the evolution of HR over the years, degree programs go by different names although they cover related material.
Such programs typically have a strong general business component with an emphasis on the interrelationship between people and the workplace. These degrees may be terminal for those who plan to work in HR, labor policy, or dispute resolution; or it may serve as a specialized education for professionals in law or other functions in business administration.
In 1945, Cornell University created the world's first school for college-level education in workplace studies (the ILR School), and in 1950 it offered its first professional masters degree program: Master of Industrial and Labor Relations (MILR). The University of Minnesota began offering its Master of Arts in Industrial Relations degree in 1953. The name of this degree was changed to "Human Resources and Industrial Relations" in 1998. Cornell and Minnesota also offer undergraduate HR programs.
Below is a list, ordered alphabetically by the name of the associated university, of programs that offer graduate degree programs in HRM. Cornell and Michigan State have a school dedicated to HRM, while others offer HRM degrees within a business school or other college at the university.
- "About Cornell ILR". Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations. Retrieved 2010-01-29.
- McKersie, Robert B. (1996-01-01). "About Cornell ILR". Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations. Retrieved 2010-01-29.
- "MBA OBHR Track". Brigham Young University. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "MSc. HR and Organizational Management". ESCP Europe. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- "Master of Human Resources". University of South Carolina. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- "Master of Science in Human Resources". University of Texas, Arlington. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- "Masters of Science in Human Resources". Utah State University. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- "MBA Program Curriculum". Vanderbilt University. Retrieved 2011-01-10.