Master of Science in Information Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
A Master of Science in Information Technology (abbreviated M.Sc. IT, MSc IT or MSIT) is a type of postgraduate academic master's degree offered in a number of countries. The degree typically includes coursework in both computer science and business skills, but the core curriculum might depend on the school and result in other degrees and specializations, including:
- Master of Science (Information Technology) M.Sc.(I.T)
- Master of Computer Science (MCS)
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
- Master of Science in Management of Information Technology (M.S. in MIT)
- Master of Information Technology (M.I.T.)
- Master of IT (M. IT or MIT) in Denmark
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Candidatus/candidata informationis technologiæ (Cand. it.) in Denmark
In India, the M.Sc.(I.T) or MSIT degree is conferred at a number of universities.
- "Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism & Communication", Bhopal offers two year full time M.Sc.(I.T) program.
- Particularly in India one program called the MSIT Program, works in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon and the state government of Andhra Pradesh to offer a multi university inter disciplinary master degree at several universities including IIIT Hyderabad, JNTU-Hyderabad, JNTU-Kakinada and in JNTU-Ananthapur.
- Pune University Under Computer Science Department provides Master of Computer Applications(MCA) degree. 
In Sri Lanka, University of Colombo School of Computing offers a Master of Information Technology (MIT) program. This institute also offers another two MIT programs which are specialized in e-Learning and multimedia technologies.
In the United States, graduate programs for this field of study that confer Master of Science (M.S.) degrees may be named differently across numerous universities; some examples include:
- Master of Science in Management in Information Technology (MSMIT) at the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia.
- Master of Science in Information Science (MSIS) at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University Bloomington.
- ABET - Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (United States)
- List of master's degrees
- Bachelor of Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Doctor of Information Technology