|This article relies on references to primary sources. (October 2013)|
|Years active||2008 - present|
|Associated acts||Giorgia Gueglio
|Website||Mastercastle official myspace site|
Mastercastle were founded in January 2008 by the guitar player Pier Gonella and the singer Giorgia Gueglio. The pair had several music projects in the past and wanted to try something different. No fixed genre was chosen with the emphasis being on producing music in a natural way.
The result was a natural mix of the virtuoso guitar style of Pier with the individual female voice of Giorgia Gueglio which worked well together. The pair wrote a great number of songs and recorded a 4 songs promo to gain label interest. In the meantime the line-up was completed by the drummer Alessandro Bissa aka Bix and the bassist Steve Vawamas; their joining changed the initial project into a real band and the name Mastercastle was settled on for the new real band).
On July 2008 they sent the demo to Lion Music who offered a deal which leads us up to the release of Mastercastle’s debut album The Phoenix on April 17, 2009. The album met with widespread critical acclaim and the video for “Princess Of Love” rapidly clocked up over 100,000 views on YouTube. The band had also a deal with the label Spiritual Beast for a Japanese release. .
In the meantime the band started immediately writing new stuff for a new album. Another 4 songs demo was sent to Lion Music and they get another deal. With the great experience of the previous album, the band worked better than before and produced 12 tracks (2 instrumental). The new album Last Desire was released by Lion Music on June 18, 2010, followed by the videoclip Last Desire.
On 2011, during the composition of new staff, the band was included in the project Embrace the sun, a "benefic" cd produced by Lion Music and dedicated to the victims of the Tsunami and Earthquake that struck Japan in March 2011. The band donated the song Sakura (with the namasake videoclip)and the album was released on June 2011 including Jennifer Batten and many other musicians. Than the band finished the production of the new album that was released by Lion Music on November 18, 2011 with the title Dangerous Diamonds.
At the end of 2011 the band started working on the fourth album, at the beginning called Metals and the line up was changed by the new drummer John Macaluso (Malmsteen, James Labrie, 'Ark', 'Tnt') 
The album was released on 19 April by Lion Music with the title On Fire.
- 2011 - Embrace the Sun (guest in the track 14: Sakura)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mastercastle.|
- Mastercastle - Official myspace site of the band
- Mastercastle interview for webzine Ice Vajal
- Mastercastle interview for "Behind the veil" webzine
- "Mastercastle biography from Lion Music web site". lionmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Mastercastle Biography - Lion Music web site". lionmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Mastercastle will release his debut album on 17 April 2009". BlabbermouthNews.net. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Mastercastle The Phoenix, Japan release". Spiritual Beast records. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Mastercastle Last Desire". Lion Music Records. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Mastercastle Last Desire videoclip". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Mastercastle Sakura". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Lion Music - Embrace the sun". lionmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Mastercastle Metals". Bravewords. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- Embrace thr sun - Lion Music Web site