Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District
|Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District|
|Superintendent:||David M. Healy|
|Business Administrator:||Patrick DeGeorge|
|Address:||Cambridge Park School
Aberdeen, NJ 07747
|Enrollment:||3,886 (as of 2009-10)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||334|
|District Factor Group:||FG|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,798||77||1,674||7.4%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||59,750||57||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of preK-12 districts with 3,501+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=105
The Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District is a regional school district in Monmouth County, New Jersey. The district serves students from preK to grade 12 from the communities of Aberdeen Township (2,655.5 students) and the neighboring community of Matawan Borough (1,246.5 students).
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "FG", the fourth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
The Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District Central Offices are located at 1 Crest Way, in Aberdeen.
The district provides students with academic and vocational experiences to meet the challenges of the 21st century. In addition to providing a sound, broad academic curriculum taught by highly qualified instructors, Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District offers programs such as Cooperative Work Study Programs, a Gifted and Talented Program, Pre-School Programs, a comprehensive Special Education Program with four full Child Study Teams, Speech Correction Services, and an array of many other programs and services.
The district is a comprehensive system comprising seven schools, which includes one PreSchool, three elementary schools grades K-3, one 4-5 school, one middle school grades 6-8, one high school grades 9-12 as listed below (with 2009-10 enrollment data from the National Center for Education Statistics):
- Cambridge Park Developmental Learning Center (Preschool; 67 students)
- Elementary Schools
- Cliffwood Elementary School (Grades K-3; 370)
- Ravine Drive Elementary School (Grades K-3; 376)
- Strathmore Elementary School (Grades K-3; 517)
- Lloyd Road Elementary School (Grades 4-5; 569)
- Middle School
- Matawan Aberdeen Middle School (Grades 6 - 8; 824)
- High School
- Matawan Regional High School (Grades 9 - 12; 1,111)
Core members of the district's administration are:
- David M. Healy, Superintendent of Schools
- Patrick DeGeorge, Business Administrator & Board Secretary
- Marc A. Natanagara, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
- District information for the Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 24, 2012.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- 2005 New Jersey Legislative District Data Book, Rutgers University Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, April 2005, p. 211.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Data for the Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 24, 2012.
- Monmouth County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Superintendent of Schools, Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District. Accessed March 24, 2012.
- Business Office, Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District. Accessed March 24, 2012.
- Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District
- Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- Article About School Snow days in 2007