From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up matching in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Matching may refer to:
- Matching, Essex, England
- Matching (graph theory), in graph theory, a set of edges without common vertices
- Matching (statistics), a technique for reducing bias when analyzing data from observational studies
- Matching gift
- Matching principle, an accounting method
- Matching theory (economics) the assigning of job candidates to vacancies
- Matching law, in behaviorism and learning, the matching law suggests that an animal's response rate to a scenario will be proportionate to the amount/duration of reinforcement delivered
- Matching, the process of allocating medical graduates to internship programs
- Matchmaking, the process of introducing people for the purpose of marriage
- Impedance matching, in electronics, attempting to make the output impedance of a source equal to the input impedance of the load to which it is ultimately connected
- Pattern matching, in computer science, a way to recognize patterns in strings
- String matching algorithm, in computer science, another simpler way to recognize patterns in strings
- Matching, in finance, the matching process associates the two sides of a trade coming from two counterparties that negotiated an over-the-counter operation. Both sides have opposite directions: if A is buying a financial instrument from B, it is because B sold it. Matching trades is a necessary practice that reduces risk for settlement or delivery. Matching is the basic operation for clearing.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Matching.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.