|Date of birth||9 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Mostar, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|2014–||→ Ferencváros (loan)||21||(1)|
|2007–2008||Bosnia and Herzegovina U17||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Pavlović came through the youth system at NK Zagreb. He made his senior team debut in a 4–0 league defeat to Hajduk Split on 9 November 2008. He was a regular first team player in NK Zagreb's Prva HNL campaigns for the 2008–09, 2009–10 and 2010–11 seasons, and has also participated in the Croatian Cup.
The central defender was a reported transfer target for a number of major European teams. In April 2011, Croatian sports magazine Sportske novosti said that scouts from FC Bayern Munich, SV Werder Bremen, VfB Stuttgart and Zenit St Petersburg had watched him in recent matches. In May 2011, Croatian newspaper 24sata alleged that former French international Christian Karembeu, now a scout, had filmed the player with a view to recommending him to clubs in Le Championnat.
On 17 December 2012, Pavlović transferred to Werder Bremen signing a contract until 30 June 2016. After making just four first team appearances in over over a year, Pavlovic joined Hungarian side Ferencvárosi TC on loan until the end of the 2013-14 season on the 5th of February, 2014.
Updated to games played as of 2 November 2014.
Pavlović has represented Bosnia-Herzegovina at under-17 level, and Croatia at under-19, under-20 and under-21 levels. He made his competitive debut for the Croatia under-21s in a 1–0 loss to the Georgia under-21s in a June 2011 qualifying match for the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2013)|
- "Number 11: Mateo Pavlović" (in Croatian). NK Zagreb. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Mateo Pavlović profile". soccerway.com. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- Roić, Toni (3 April 2011). "Cijela svita skauta na derbiju u Zagrebu, Pavlović je bio glavna meta stranih klubova" [Delegates from Bayern Munich and others keen on Mateo Pavlović] (in Croatian). Sportske novosti. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- Besedić, Alen (6 May 2011). "Karembeu na treningu Zagreba gledao Matea Pavlovića (20)..." [Karembeu caught looking at Mateo Pavlović] (in Croatian). 24sata. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Mateo Pavlovic transfers to Werder". werder.de. 17 December 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- "International profile: Mateo Pavlović". UEFA.com. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "U21 match report: Croatia 0–1 Georgia". UEFA.com. Retrieved 29 June 2011.[dead link]
|This biographical article relating to Croatian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|