Matha Ayurveda Eye Hospital
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2013)|
|Matha Ayurveda Eye Hospital|
|Location||Near Civil Station,Kudappanakunnu, Trivandrum(Thiruvananthapuram), Kerala, India|
|Patron||Dr P K Santhakumari|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
Matha Ayurveda Eye Hospital is an Ayurvedic eye clinic and hospital in Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram), Kerala, India. The hospital is an international tertiary care and training center in Ayurvedic Ophthalmology. The hospital operates a 24 hour Emergency Ophthalmology Department.
- Department of Pediatric Eye Care in Ayurveda
- Department of Geriatric Eye Care in Ayurveda
- Department of Preventive Eye Care
- Department of Degenerative Eye Diseases
Education and training
The Hospital Conducts two major teaching programs for Ayurvedic Doctors :
- Resident Training Programme - Intended for Ayurvedic Doctors who have completed a 5.5 year B.A.M.S degree course from a C.C.I.M approved college.
- Fellowship Programme - Fellowship programme is intended for Post Graduate Ayurvedic Doctors who have completed both 5.5 year B.A.M.S degree course from a C.C.I.M approved college and a 3 year Post Graduation (M.D or M.S) with specialization in Shalakya Thantra.
The Matha Ayurveda Eye Hospital Research Center was established in 2011 in order to bring together Doctors, Clinicians, Researchers and Academicians in the Ayurvedic domain to work on drug standardization and creation of protocols for clinical trials. The hospital is famous for its ayurvedic eye care programs for children, in the area of progressive myopia. The hospital has also developed ayurvedic treatment for diabetic retinopathy covering preventive and curative measures to tackle the disease.
Social outreach programs
- A Textbook of Ophthalmology in Ayurveda (by Dr. P.K.Santhakumari) is the reference textbook approved by C.C.I.M for the final year B.A.M.S students.
Awards and recognition
- Arunjith Puthussery, Executive Director, Matha Ayurveda eye Hospital (2003–present)
- Dr P P Ouseph, Chairman, Matha Ayurveda Eye Hospital (2003–present)
- Matha Ayurveda Eye Hospital Official Website
- Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), Government of India, Official website
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, Official website
- Central Council for Indian Medicine(CCIM), Government of India, Official Website