The term mathematical theory is used to refer to a mathematical subfield. A theory can be a body of knowledge, and so in this sense a "mathematical theory" refers to an area of mathematical research. This is distinct from the idea of mathematical models. Branches of mathematics like group theory and number theory are illustrations of this.
- List of mathematical theories
- Unifying theories in mathematics
- Theorem, a statement with a mathematical proof
- Is there beauty in mathematical theories? January 2010 Robert P. Langlands
- APPROACHING MATHEMATICAL THEORIES IN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL Paolo Boero, Dipartimento di Matematica,Università di Genova
- Reflexive Thinking in Mathematics:- Formal and Non-formal Aspects. Leo CORRY (Tel Aviv)
|This mathematics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|