From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mathesis may refer to
- 454 Mathesis, an asteroid discovered in 1900
- Mathesis (journal), a Belgian mathematics journal founded in 1881
- Mathesis (philosophy), a branch of study considered by Michel Foucault involving the orderings of "simple natures" that can be studied quantitatively.
- Mathesis (society), an Italian association of mathematics teachers
- Mathesis universalis, a hypothetical universal science advocated by Leibniz and Descartes among others
- Mathesis universalis, a treatise on integral calculus published by Thomas Hobbes in 1657
- Mathesis Universalis (journal), a philosophy journal published by the University of Białystok in Poland
- Matheseos Libri Oct., commonly referred to as Mathesis, a book on astrology by fourth-century author Julius Firmicus Maternus
- Mad Mathesis, fictional characters in The Dunciad by Alexander Pope and A Tangled Tale by Lewis Carroll
- Mathesis Publications, the publisher of Ancient Philosophy (journal)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mathesis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.