Matomy Media Group a publicly traded company since July 2014, is an international digital marketing company providing advertisers, agencies, publishers and application developers with a wide range of performance-based advertising solutions. The company was incorporated in 2006 and launched in 2007 as AdsMarket. Clients include HSBC, American Express and AT&T. The company was founded by current Matomy CEO Ofer Druker, Adi Orzel and Kfir Moyal, and is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, with additional offices in Madrid, Mexico City, Berlin, Munich, London, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Fla, New York City and San Francisco. The company employs more than 400 people, has a client base of 2,000-plus active customers and works with more than 26,000 registered media sources in 100 countries. The company has been a part of the IAB QAG Certified Network since 2011.
The company was renamed Matomy Media Group Ltd. in 2011. The name "Matomy Media" had been used by one of its business units, following the company's 2008 acquisition of Xtend G.M. Global Media Ltd. The renaming of the company as Matomy Media Group reflects its integrated offering of multiple media channels, industry verticals and technology.
Acquisitions and Investments
Much of the company's growth has come through strategic acquisitions. The first acquisition was Matomy Money, an alternative payment solutions provider, in 2010. The following year, the company purchased a minority stake in Denver-based interactive marketing company Adperio. Adperio was founded in 1994 and offers social media, email, SEO, mobile and other emerging technology solutions. In 2013, the company made several additional acquisitions, beginning in January when it purchased New York-based MediaWhiz, enhancing its US presence. MediaWhiz was a leading US-based performance marketing agency that provided clients with permission-based email marketing, affiliate marketing and data acquisition; clients included AT&T, Home Depot and Bally Total Fitness. Also in 2013, the company acquired the social marketing agency portion of Adquant (formerly Adotomi) in a move designed to increase the depth of its social media marketing solution, for an undisclosed figure. Adquant/Adotomi is a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer. The company acquired Florida-based mobile ad network MobAff in July 2013, enhancing its offering in the rapidly growing mobile marketing industry. In 2014, Matomy announced the acquisition of a majority ownership stake in Team Internet AG, a Munich-based direct navigation search company, in addition to the acquisition of the Austrian-based mobile programmatic advertising firm MobFox. Matomy became a publicly traded company on the High Growth Segment of the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market in July 2014, and is listed under the stock ticker symbol MTMY. Following its initial public offering, Matomy received an $82 million investment from global advertising holding company Publicis Groupe, which acquired 24.9% of Matomy’s ordinary shares.
Ofer Druker is CEO of Matomy Media Group and was a co-founder of the company. Druker had founded or co-founded several successful media sites prior to joining Matomy Media as the company's CEO in 2008.
Sagi Niri is the CFO of Matomy Media Group and served in the same capacity at predecessor company, Adsmarket Ltd. He previously served as Financial Department Manager and Chief Controller with McCann Erickson Group from 1998 to 2006. He holds an MBA in Business Management from The University of Derby, Kiryat-Ono, Israel, and is a Certified Public Accountant (ISR).
- "LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE WELCOMES MATOMY MEDIA GROUP IPO". http://lseg.com. London Stock Exchange Group. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Cyhawk Ventures
- "Israeli online ad firm Matomy mulls overseas share sale". Reuters. 2013-09-16. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Matomy plans London IPO at $400-500m valuation". Globes English. 2013-09-15. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Matomy Media Group". CrunchBase. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "About Matomy Media Group". Matomy.com. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- Kristina Knight (2011-04-07). "Matomy, Adsmarket, XTEND integrate for one-stop shop". BizReport. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Matomy Money". CrunchBase. 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Adperio". CrunchBase. 2011-07-25. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "MediaWhiz Holdings, LLC". Hoovers.com. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- Facebook PMD Center
- Beltrone, Gabriel. "Matomy Buys Mobile Shop MobAff". http://adweek.com. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "Israel's Matomy buys majority stake in Germany's Team Internet". http://www.reuters.com. Reuters. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Armstrong, Ashley. "Matomy uses High Growth Segment for second listing attempt". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/. Telegraph. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- Gallivan, Rory. "Publicis to Buy Stake in Digital-Advertising Technology Company Matomy Media". http;//www.wsj.com. Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "Ofer Druker: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- McCann Erickson
- "Sagi Niri: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2014-05-01.