The term matriculation examination or matriculation exam refers to educational qualifications in many countries. Usually this has to do with student's transfer from secondary to tertiary education. For more detailed information, see "Matriculation".
Depending on country, matriculation examination can mean:
- A-levels – in the United Kingdom.
- Abitur – in Germany, Finland and Estonia.
- Baccalauréat – in France.
- Bagrut – in Israel.
- Matric – in South Africa and formerly in Australia.
- Matura – in Austria, Poland and Switzerland.
- Student degree – in Scandinavia.