From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up matrix in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Matrix may refer to:
Mathematics and science
- Matrix (biology), the material or tissue between cells in which more specialized structures are embedded.
- Matrix (chemical analysis), the non-analyte components of a sample.
- Matrix (geology), the fine-grained material in which larger objects are embedded.
- Matrix (mathematics), a rectangular array of numbers, symbols or expressions.
Business and government
- Agfa Matrix, a film recorder manufacturer and division of Agfa-Gevaert
- Matrix Business Technologies, a telecommunications firm
- Matrix Chambers, a barristers' set
- Matrix Corporation, a holding company based in Orangeburg, New York, acquired in 1988 by Agfa-Gevaert
- Matrix Games, an American video game publisher founded 1999
- Matrix Instruments, Inc., a film recorder manufacturer based in Orangeburg, New York, acquired in 1988 by Agfa-Gevaert
- Matrix Partners, a private equity investment firm
- Matrix Software, a Japanese video game developer founded 1994
- MATRIX: Northern Ireland Science Industry Panel, a Northern Irish government advisory board
- Matrix (Doctor Who novel) by Robert Perry and Mike Tucker.
- Matrix (comics), a DC Comics character.
- Matrix (Neuromancer), a virtual-reality dataspace in the science-fiction novel Neuromancer and subsequent roleplaying game Shadowrun.
- Matrix of Leadership, a fictional artifact in the Transformers universe.
Film and television
- Matrix, a character from the Canadian animated TV series ReBoot.
- Matrix (Doctor Who), a computer system in the British TV sci-fi series Doctor Who.
- Matrix (TV series), a 1993 fantasy adventure TV series.
- Matrix (talk show), a 2005–12 Italian news and talk show.
- John Matrix, hero played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1985 film Commando.
- The Matrix (franchise), a science-fiction franchise.
- Clave matrix, a complex rhythmic pattern originally from African music.
- "Matrix", a song by Chick Corea on the album Now He Sings, Now He Sobs.
- Matrix (artist), a British DJ.
- Matrix (jazz group), a jazz-fusion ensemble from Wisconsin, United States.
- Matrix (music), an element in musical variations that remains unchanged.
- The Matrix (production team), a pop-music production team.
- Oberheim Matrix synthesizers, a historic product line of analog synthesizers featuring a method of programming called Matrix Modulation.
- M@rix, an album by the German industrial-music artist P.A.L.
- Matrix (club), a Berlin nightclub opened in 1996.
- The Matrix (club), a San Francisco nightclub (1965–72).
- "The Matrix", nickname of American basketball player Shawn Marion (born 1978).
- "The Matrix", nickname of Italian football (soccer) player Marco Materazzi (born 1973).
- Matrix (numismatics), a tool used in coin manufacturing.
- Matrix (printing), a mold for casting letters.
- Matrix (record production), also known as the "master", a disc used in the production of gramophone records.
- Matrix decoder, a technology for converting audio channels.
- Matrix mixer, a device for routing multiple audio signals to multiple destinations.
- Diode matrix, a two-dimensional grid of intersecting diodes.
- Keyboard matrix circuit, a wire grid for determining which key has been pressed on a keyboard.
- Hyundai Matrix, otherwise known as the Hyundai Lavita, a multi-purpose road vehicle sold in Europe and Southeast Asia.
- PA-46R-350T Matrix, a light-aircraft model manufactured by Piper Aircraft.
- Toyota Matrix, a compact hatchback sold in North America.
- MATRIX (Multistate Anti-Terrorism Information Exchange), a database of U.S. citizens.
- Matrixing, a type of pareidolia.
- The Matrix Theatre Company, a Los Angeles, California theatre company.
- All pages with titles containing "matrix"
- All pages beginning with "matrix"
- All pages beginning with "the Matrix"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Matrix.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.