Matsapha Airport (IATA: MTS, ICAO: FDMS) is an airport located near Manzini, a city in Manzini District of Swaziland.
Sikhuphe International Airport was planned to replace it by 2010, with Matsapha being taken over by the army. As of May 2012 , Sikhuphe International Airport is still incomplete and no handover date is known.
The airport resides at an elevation of 2,075 feet (632 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 07/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 2,600 by 45 metres (8,530 ft × 148 ft).
Airlines and destinations
- ^ a b Airport information for FDMS from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- ^ Airport information for MTS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- ^ Vilakati, Faith (14 September, 2009). "Army to take over Matsapha Airport". The Swazi Observer. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- ^ "Sikhuphe to receive the world early next year". Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- ^ "In The Paper Swaziland airport fails to lift off". Mail & Guardian. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 18 June 2012.