January 20, 1983 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Right|
|July 25, 2006 for the Houston Astros|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||4.49|
Major League Baseball
In late July of 2006, the Astros called him up to the Major Leagues. Albers pitched a few games in relief, then made his first Major League start against the San Diego Padres on August 3, 2006.
In 2006, Albers was named Texas League Pitcher of the Year.
Albers got his first Major League win on May 5, 2007 against the Cardinals when he pitched seven and a third innings without giving up a run.
After being a starting pitcher for two years. Albers was traded to the Baltimore Orioles on December 12, 2007 as part of the Miguel Tejada trade. In the middle of the 2008 season he was placed on the 60-day disabled list.
Boston Red Sox
On December 12, 2011, Albers signed a one-year deal to return to Boston, thus avoiding arbitration.
On December 11, 2012, Albers was traded along with RP Bryan Shaw and SP Trevor Bauer to the Cleveland Indians as part of a three-way deal involving the Diamondbacks and Cincinnati Reds. Drew Stubbs went from the Reds to the Indians, the Arizona Diamondbacks received RP Tony Sipp and 1B Lars Anderson from the Indians, and SS Didi Gregorius from the Reds . The Cincinnati Reds received RF Shin-Soo Choo, IF Jason Donald, and $3.5 million from Cleveland.
- "Tejada traded to Astros, Orioles to receive five players for former AL MVP". SI.com. 2007-12-12. Archived from the original on 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- Abraham, Peter (December 16, 2010). "Red Sox sign Albers". The Boston Globe.
- Boston Red Sox (December 12, 2011). "Red Sox sign Albers to one-year contract". boston.redsox.mlb.com.
- Tribe deals Choo to Reds, gets Bauer from D-backs
- "MLB Ejection 001: CB Bucknor (1)." Close Call Sports/Umpire Ejection Fantasy League. April 6, 2013.
- "PITCHf/x Player Card: Matt Albers". BrooksBaseball.net. Retrieved 26 April 2012.