Matt Anderson (ice hockey)
October 31, 1982 |
West Islip, NY, USA
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|KHL Medveščak Zagreb
New Jersey Devils
Matthew Anderson (born October 31, 1982) is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently playing for KHL Medveščak Zagreb of the Russian Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He has previously played in the National Hockey League with the New Jersey Devils.
Prior to the 2010–11 season with the Albany Devils, Anderson attended the New Jersey Devils training camp. On January 29, 2013, Anderson made his NHL debut for the Devils against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden during the 2012–13 season. He recorded his first NHL point in a 5-4 overtime loss to the New York Islanders.
On May 5, 2013, Anderson signed his first professional contract in Russia, signing a one-year deal with HC Spartak Moscow of the KHL. In his first KHL season in 2013–14, Anderson secured his place among the checking lines of Spartak Moscow, to finish the season with 11 goals and 20 points in 54 games.
He transferred on a one-year deal to fellow KHL club, Medvescak Zagreb on June 11, 2014.
|2012–13||New Jersey Devils||NHL||2||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Devils assign 15 players to Albany". NJ.com. 2010-09-24. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Matt Anderson to begin in Spartak Moscow" (in Russian). HC Spartak Moscow. 2013-05-05. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Brust re-signs, center finally caught, Flood and Anderson" (in Croatian). KHL Medveščak Zagreb. 2014-06-11. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- Matt Anderson's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Matt Anderson's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|