Bartkowski in 2013
June 4, 1988 |
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team||Boston Bruins|
|NHL Draft||190th overall, 2008
Bartkowski played high school hockey at Mt. Lebanon High School in suburban Pittsburgh. He was selected by the Florida Panthers in the 7th Round (190th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft following his final year in the USHL with the Lincoln Stars.
On March 3, 2010, the Panthers traded Bartkowski, along with Dennis Seidenberg, to the Boston Bruins for Byron Bitz, Craig Weller, and a 2nd round 2010 NHL Entry Draft choice. On April 29, 2010, Bartkowski was then signed to a two-year entry level contract with the Bruins.
On January 10, 2011, Bartkowski made his NHL debut for the Boston Bruins against his hometown team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Bruins went on to win the game 4-2, with Bartkowski registering 2 penalty minutes.
On June 15, 2011, the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup in game 7 against the Vancouver Canucks. Bartkowski got to take part in the Bruins celebration and he also got to raise the Stanley Cup without playing a single playoff game with the Bruins. He did not, however, have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup, as a player to have his name inscribed must have played at least 41 games for the championship team during the regular season (provided the player remains with the team when they win the Cup) or played in at least one game of the Stanley Cup Finals.
On May 13, 2013, Bartowski scored his first NHL goal, notching a playoff goal during Boston's Game 7 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Conference Quarterfinals of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
On July 14, 2014, Bartowski signed a one year extension with the Bruins worth $1.25 million, avoiding arbitration.
|2008–09||Ohio State University||CCHA||41||5||15||20||46||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Ohio State University||CCHA||39||6||12||18||99||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|USHL First All-Star Team||2008|||
|All-CCHA Rookie Team||2009|||
- "Bruins trade Bitz, Weller for Seidenberg". ESPN. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2010-07-12.
- "Bruins sign Bartkowski". Boston Bruins. 2010-04-29. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- "Memorable Night For Pittsburgh Native Bartkowski". NHL. 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2014-12-29.
- "NHL.com— Stanley Cup Fun Facts". NHL. Retrieved 2006-07-15.
- "Professional Spotlight: Matt Bartkowski".
- "Bruins re-sign Bartkowski, sign top-pick Pastrnak". NHL. 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2014-12-12.
- National Hockey League (2010). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2011. Dan Diamond and Associates. p. 278. ISBN 978-1-60078-422-4.
- "Matt Bartkowski Biography". Ohio State Buckeyes. 2010-05-06. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matt Bartkowski.|