Beaumont made his debut in 2000 with the comic novel, e. The Novel of Liars, Lunch and Lost Knickers, which consists entirely of e-mails composed by the staff of one advertising office. A recent example of an epistolary novel, it is generally recognised as one of the first e-mail novels.
Beaumont is married to novelist Maria Beaumont. They have two children and live in London.
Not to be confused with Matthew Beaumont, Senior Lecturer in English at University College London. Nor is he to be confused with Matthew Beaumont, Head of Procurement and IT Shared Service Projects at IQPC UK.
- e (2000)
- The e Before Christmas (2000)
- The Book, the Film, the T-shirt (2002)
- Staying Alive (2004)
- Where There's a Will (2007)
- Small World (2008)
- e Squared (2009)
- "Matthew Beaumont Biography". HarperCollins. Retrieved 8 February 2007.
- Forshaw, Barry. "e: A Novel (Paperback)". amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 9 February 2007.
- "Jamie Kane". BBC. Archived from the original on 13 August 2006. Retrieved 8 February 2007.
- "BBC Plans A Mainstream ARG for UK Audience". deaddrop. Retrieved 14 August 2005.[dead link]
- Let's Talk About Me, the official web site for Maria and Matt Beaumont
- An interview with Matt Beaumont from bookmunch.co.ok