Matt Berry, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Matt Berry
Neighbourhood
Matt Berry is located in Edmonton
Matt Berry
Matt Berry
Location of Matt Berry in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°37′19″N 113°26′10″W / 53.622°N 113.436°W / 53.622; -113.436
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 4
Sector[2] Northeast
Area[3][4] Pilot Sound
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Ed Gibbons
Area[6]
 • Total 1.14 km2 (0.44 sq mi)
Elevation 696 m (2,283 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 4,080
 • Density 3,578.9/km2 (9,269/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Increase5%
 • Dwellings 1,299

Matt Berry is a residential neighbourhood in north east Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is named for aviator Arthur Massey ("Matt") Berry.

According to the 2001 federal census, substantially all residential development in Matt Berry occurred after 1985. Approximately one residence in six (15.6%) were built between 1986 and 1990. Eight in ten (82.2%) were built during the 1990s.[8]

The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These account for 94% of all the residences in the neighbourhood. The remaining 6% are duplexes.[9] Substantially all (98%) of the residences in the neighbourhood are owner-occupied.[10]

The neighbourhood is bounded on the south by 153 Avenue, on the north by 167 Avenue, on the west by 66 Street, and on the east by 59A Street.

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Matt Berry had a population of 4,080 living in 1,299 dwellings,[7] a 5% change from its 2009 population of 3,887.[11] With a land area of 1.14 km2 (0.44 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 3,578.9 people/km2 in 2012.[6][7]

Schools[edit]

Edmonton Christian Northeast School [12] (K-9)

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100". City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect". City of Edmonton. November 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  6. ^ a b c "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  8. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/DD23/FEDERAL%202001/Neighbourhood/MATT%20BERRY.pdf
  9. ^ Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
  10. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/C05002/MUNICIPAL%202005/Neighbourhood/MATT%20BERRY.pdf
  11. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  12. ^ http://www.edmchristian.net/OurCampuses/northEastCampus.aspx

External links[edit]