Matt Doyle (actor)
|Born||Matthew Finnen Doyle
May 13, 1987 
Matthew Finnen "Matt" Doyle (born May 13, 1987) is an American actor and singer-songwriter living in Manhattan. He is perhaps best known for his work in Spring Awakening, War Horse and The Book of Mormon on Broadway and as Glenn Mangan / Juliet in 2011 Shakespeare film adaptation Private Romeo directed by Alan Brown. He has also been developing a singing career with live shows and two EPs Daylight (2011) and Constant (2012).
Life and career
After graduating from Redwood High School in Larkspur, California, Doyle went on to study classical theatre for a year at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. Following his studies, Doyle moved to New York City. He was soon added into the original company of Spring Awakening.
Doyle sang the role of Peter on the recording of the musical Bare: a pop opera, in 2007. He also played Peter in a reading held in 2009. Following Spring Awakening, he participated in a workshop of a musical version of Picnic at Hanging Rock, as well as several other readings and concerts showcasing the work of new composers.
In fall 2008, Doyle made his first appearance as Jonathan Whitney, Eric van der Woodsen's boyfriend on the CW hit Gossip Girl. Additionally, Doyle has a small singing role in the film Once More With Feeling, which made its premiere at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.
In 2011, he appeared as Billy Narracott (u/s Albert) in War Horse at Lincoln Center Theater. The role of Albert was played by Doyle's Private Romeo co-star, Seth Numrich. The show began previews on March 15, 2011, and officially opened on April 14, 2011.[dated info] He left in January, 2012 for a Dallas production of the new musical Giant, which he has since completed, electing not to join the company on Broadway.
On August 17, 2009 Doyle made his solo debut at Joe's Pub in New York City, with a reprisal on August 27.
- 2014: Make the Season Bright
- 2012: Constant (EP)
- 2011: Daylight (EP)
- 2007: bare: A Pop Opera 
- 2008–2011: Gossip Girl (TV series, 8 episodes as Jonathan Whitney)
- 2009: Once More with Feeling as Young Nonno
- 2011: Private Romeo as Glenn Mangan/Juliet
- 2007: Navigate this Maze as himself
- "Matt Doyle". Mattdoylemusic.com. 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Press Office". LAMDA. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "bare: The Album - Performers". Barethealbum.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Jonathan Henry (Character)
- Once More with Feeling (2009) - IMDb
- Private Romeo (2011) - IMDb
- "Krysten Ritter, Ari Graynor, and Brian Geraghty in AUDREY HEPBURN’S NECK". Collider.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Hetrick, Adam. "Kerrigan-Lowdermilk Album "Our First Mistake," With Kelli O'Hara, Michael Arden, Hits Stores Jan. 18" playbill.com, January 18, 2011. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Crook, Phillip B.. "Need To Know: Matt Doyle & Seth Numrich" OUT.com, April 4, 2011. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- The Book of Mormon - Broadway (2012-11-08). "Matt Doyle to Play Elder Price on Broadway in The Book of Mormon | Broadway Buzz". Broadway.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Birdie's Matt Doyle to Play Joe's Pub in August - Playbill.com
- "Daylight release on". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.