27 December 1985 |
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
|Occupation||Television presenter, radio presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Bryony Emmett (m. 6 September 2013)|
|Relatives||Kate Edmondson (sister)|
Edmondson co-presented the 2008 coverage of the Isle of Wight Festival for ITV2. He also provided links and commentary for the MTV coverage of the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards. He presented reports from T in the Park 2009 for BBC One Scotland, BBC Two Scotland and BBC Three.
Edmondson has narrated the reality programme called Killer Magic for BBC Three in early 2014.
On 24th October 2014, Edmondson appeared in a comedy sketch made for The Feeling Nuts Comedy Night on Channel 4 to raise awareness of testicular cancer.
- Celebrity Juice (15 April 2009)
- Celebrity Big Brother's Big Mouth (2010)
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks (5 March 2011)
- 8 Out of 10 Cats (1 March 2013)
- Reality Bites (12 February 2015)
During X Factor 2009, Edmondson wrote, produced, presented and edited a series of videos on YouTube, notable for the attention they drew to the "Jesus Light" used on certain contestants. It throws an ethereal glow out from behind the singer, drawing comparison with the Son of God as depicted in many works of art. These blogs were seen by ITV and in 2010 were legitimised for 'The F Factor' on itv.com/xfactor.
Edmondson also writes, produces, edits and lend his voice to re-caps of the BBC's 2010 series of The Apprentice in the online show 'Fast Forward' on bbc.co.uk/apprentice. He skipped the 2011 series but returned for 2012 in The Apprentice: Matt Edmondson Funny Bits which is basically the same as before where he analyses the weeks show but with a funny critique similar to Harry Hill's TV Burp and is available on the Apprentice BBC Website and the BBC YouTube channel. Edmondson then presented an online series for The Apprentice 2013 entitled 'Matt Edmondson's Awkward Conversations' in which he interviewed each candidate after they were fired, published on bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0071b63.
In March 2011, as part of Comic Relief's 24 Hour Panel People, where David Walliams took part in panel shows for 24 hours, Edmondson presented links in between some of the panel shows, as well as taking part in the last show.
On 8 January 2010, Edmondson joined BBC Radio 1, and appeared every Friday on Fearne Cotton's show to report on entertainment news and showbiz gossip. His first appearance on Cotton's programme was on 15 January 2010.
Edmondson started a weekly show on BBC Radio 1 on 6 April 2011 replacing Huw Stephens from 9pm to 10pm on Wednesdays. However on 19 Dec 2012, he presented his last Wednesday night show before moving to weekends.
As well as presenting, Edmondson is a writer and producer, having written for ITV1's SMTV Live and Sky1's Shock Treatment as well as writing and editing the 're-cap' sections of online ITV show The F Factor and online BBC Apprentice spin-off Fast Forward.
Edmondson was a columnist for The X Factor Magazine where he has a weekly page discussing Pop Music and the X Factor.
Edmondson is originally from Portsmouth and was educated at St Edmund's Catholic School, a Roman Catholic voluntary aided state comprehensive school in the city, before attending Havant College, A Sixth Form College in the town of Havant in Hampshire. He now lives in Greenwich, London. His elder sister Kate Edmondson is also a television presenter. In May 2012, Edmondson became engaged to his long-term girlfriend Bryony Emmett, and they got married on 6 September 2013. He has a Westie named Oscar.
- Profile – Matt Edmondson BBC Radio 1
- IndependentTalent.com[dead link]
- ITV Music – Isle Of Wight Festival ITV.com
- BBC presenter line-up for T In The Park 2009 announced BBC Press Office, 17 June 2009
- The Saturdays at Work Five.tv
- The Big Pink, Yeasayer, Miike Snow, We Have Band play TopMan Tour God is in the TV, 24 March 2010
- Matt Edmondson Money Management
- The Great Escape Festival Channel 4, 22 May 2010
- Topman CTRL Student Tour Channel 4, 29 May 2010
- PocketTVshow's Channel YouTube
- Latest Video HolyMoly!
- MrHolyMoly's Channel YouTube
- MattEdmondson's Channel YouTube
- Matt Edmonson joins Radio 1 BBC Press Office, 8 January 2010
- Matt Edmondson to cover for Sara Cox on Radio 1 BBC Press Office, 23 February 2010
- Huw Stephens to host Radio 1 weekend show BBC Press Office, 1 February 2011
- Pop star to TV presenter – the future of X Factor? RadioTimes.com
- Skepta – Make Peace Not War Youtube.com
- "Matt Edmondson Engaged – WittySparks News". Flair.wittysparks.com. 17 May 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
- The Matt Edmondson Show at BBC Programmes
- Independent Talent Presenters
- Matt Edmondson on Myspace
- Matt Edmondson on Twitter