Glaser in 2006 Photo: Bob Travis
Matt Glaser is an American jazz and bluegrass violinist. He served as the chair of the string department at the Berklee College of Music for more than twenty-five years. He is now the founder and artistic director of Berklee's American Roots Music Program. 
He holds an M.M. degree from Tufts University. He has performed at Carnegie Hall with Stephane Grappelli and Yo-Yo Ma, and at the Boston Globe Jazz Festival with Gunther Schuller. He has also performed with Bob Dylan, Ralph Stanley, Lee Konitz, David Grisman, Mark O'Connor, Andy Statman, Jamey Haddad, Jay Ungar, Bruce Molsky, Darol Anger, Art Baron, and the International String Quartet Congress.
He is featured on the Grammy Award–winning soundtrack for Ken Burns's 1990 The Civil War documentary and the soundtrack for the 1978 film King of the Gypsies. He served on the board of advisors for Ken Burns's 2001 Jazz documentary and appears as a narrator in the film.  
In 2013, he won the Artist Teacher Award   from the American String Teachers Association (ASTA). Past recipients include Joseph Szigeti, Pablo Casals, Isaac Stern, Yehudi Menuhin, Dorothy DeLay, and Ivan Galamian.
In addition to founding his own musical group, called the Wayfaring Strangers ( featuring Tony Trischka, Laszlo Gardony, Tracy Bonham), he has been a member of the Central Park Sheiks, the New York Bluegrass All-Stars, and Fiddle Fever. He has recorded an album with fellow fiddle player Kenny Kosek and he has appeared on numerous other recordings.
He has authored two books: Jazz Violin and Jazz Chord Studies for Violin, and an instructional video, Swingin' Jazz Violin.
With Skitch Henderson
- Swinging With Strings (Arbors Records)
- "Berklee American Roots Music Program". http://www.berklee.edu/. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Jazz: A Film by Ken Burns, Matt Glaser Bio". http://www.pbs.org/jazz. PBS. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Small, Mark. "Metaphysical Wildman?". Berklee Beat: Faculty Profile. Berklee School of Music. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- Olwell, Greg. "Strings Magazine". http://www.allthingsstrings.com/. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Lawless, John. "Bluegrass Today". http://bluegrasstoday.com/. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Faculty Bio". Berklee School of Music. 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- Profile of Matt Glaser Berklee
- Interview with Matt Glaser RootsWorld
- Interview with Matt Glaser Fiddler Magazine