Matt Hunter Correa
|Matt Hunter Correa|
Matt Hunter in a photoshoot
|Birth name||Matthew Alexander Hunter Correa|
February 20, 1998 |
Manhattan, New York City, United States
|Genres||Latin pop, R&B|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, voice actor|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar|
Matthew Alexander Hunter Correa (born February 20, 1998), better known as Matt Hunter, and more recently, starting 2014, as Matt Hunter Correa, is a bilingual American teen pop singer and voice actor with Colombian-Italian origin.
Hunter Correa has performed live in the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Spain, Chile, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Argentina, Costa Rica and Ecuador. In May 2013, he headlined and sold out Chile's 12,000 seat Movistar Arena. In December 2013, Hunter performed at the NY Z100 JingleBall Pre-Show alongside Austin Mahone, Travie Mccoy, and 5th Harmony after winning a Z-100 fan voted contest.
In 2013, he released his EP Right Here, Right Now credited to Matt Hunter. It contained his earlier singles "Mi Amor", "Mi Señorita" in addition to the new release, the title track "Right Here, Right Now". He splits his time between Los Angeles, where he records, and Latin America.
In 2014, he added his family name Correa to his already established artistic name Matt Hunter releasing his new materials starting with the single "Minha Mina Ta Loca"/"Mi Chica Está Loca" as Matt Hunter Correa. He also rebranded all his earlier releases on his website and on iTunes and amended the artwork on covers of his earlier singles like "Mi Amor", "Mi Señorita" to reflect the change.
In popular culture
Matt Hunter participated in the Chilean Telethon on December 1, 2012. He has also performed at Teleton USA. Has been promoted in Latin American media outlets, appearing in Chilevisión's youth program Yingo and Chilean Canal 13 talk show Bienvenidos, and he has been covered on Fox News Latino.
As a voice actor, he played the lead role of Diego Márquez in two seasons of Go, Diego, Go!. He also played the same character in Dora the Explorer, (in Spanish Dora, la exploradora). He also released his funny weekly webisode series entitled FuegoFridays.
Awards and nominations
|2009–11||Go, Diego, Go!||Diego||Main role (Seasons 4-5)|
|Title and details||Notes|
|Right Here, Right Now
(as Matt Hunter)
- 2011: "Mi Amor"
- 2011: "Home for the Holidays"
- 2012: "Mi Señorita"
- 2013: "Right Here, Right Now"
- 2013: "Te Vi"
- 2013: "Celular"
(as Matt Hunter Correa)
- 2014: "Minha Mina Ta Loca"/"Mi Chica Está Loca"
- 2014: "All of Me"
- Featured in
- 2014: "Fiesta" (StereO 4 feat. Matt Hunter)
- Sexenio: Matt Hunter y Karol Jesús ganan fama en Twitter (Spanish)
- Jonathan Muñoz (August 13, 2013). "Matt Hunter, the 'Latino Justin Bieber,' Looks For Mainstream Success In U.S.". Huffington Post.
- Alexandra Gratereaux (16 December 2012). "From Dora the Explorer to Solo Career, Matt Hunter Unplugged". Fox News Latino. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Matt Hunter se abre camino con "Mi señorita"". La Opinión. 21 May 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Matt Hunter y su primer concierto en Chile: Sentí cosas que no había sentido". Radio Cooperativa. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- 24 Horas Colombia: Medianoche (martes 21 de mayo) - Diez mil fanáticas bailaron y gritaron en el Movistar Arena por el nuevo ídolo juvenil, Matt Hunter (Spanish)
- "Z100 Jingle Ball 2013". Z100. December 2013.
- Matt Hunter (November 15, 2012). "Matt's is going to Chile". Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Nickutopia: Go Diego Go’s Star Matt Hunter On His Solo Career
- Terra Live: 10 cosas que no sabías sobre Matt Hunter (Spanish)
- "Matt Hunter’s Fuego Friday episode 20 is part 2 of his trip to Columbia". pulseweb. December 2013.
- Vanguardia Mexico: Lista de nominados a los Premios Juventud -- Mi artista pop: Dulce María, Jenni Rivera, Jesse & Joy, Matt Hunter, Thalía, Justin Bieber Abundis Garcia (Spanish)