||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2013)|
Kibbe speaking at CPAC 2012.
|Occupation||President and CEO, FreedomWorks|
Matthew B. "Matt" Kibbe is the President and CEO of FreedomWorks, a position he has held since 2004. He originally joined the organization (previously known as Citizens for a Sound Economy) as a policy analyst in 1986. He previously worked as Chief of Staff to U.S. Representative Dan Miller (R-FL), Senior Economist at the Republican National Committee (where he resigned in protest when George H. W. Bush violated his no new taxes pledge), Director of Federal Budget Policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and Managing Editor of Market Process, an academic economics journal published by the Center for the Study of Market Processes at George Mason University.
Kibbe has contributed in numerous print and online publications including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Times, USA Today, RedState.com, America Spectator and Reason Magazine. On television, Kibbe has appeared on MSNBC’s The Dylan Ratigan Show, MSNBC’s Hardball, FOX News’ Fox & Friends, FOX News’ Glenn Beck, NBC’s The Today Show, FOX News’ America's Newsroom, CSPAN, FOX News’ Neil Cavuto, FOX Business Network’s Happy Hour and numerous other programs.
Kibbe's wife, Terry, is a fundraiser for FreedomWorks.
Kibbe is a craft beer fan who has traveled to California to visit the Russian River Brewing Company. Kibbe is also a devoted Grateful Dead fan and has said that Deadheads exemplify the self-organizing principles he subscribes to
Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto
Kibbe and FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey wrote Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto in 2010. The book has reached numerous best seller lists including The USA Today and The Washington Post political books.
- Armey, Dick; Matt Kibbe (2010). Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-201587-7.
- Kibbe, Matt (2012). Hostile Takeover: Resisting Centralized Government's Stranglehold on America. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-219601-9.
- "Freedomworks 2010 Form 990". GuideStar. Internal Revenue Service.
- Marcus, Rachel (2012-04-19). "Tea party leader Dick Armey gets first-class treatment". Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- Rising from the Dead, Newsmax
- Matt Kibbe, FreedomWorks
- Matt Kibbe, HarperCollins Publishers
- 6, The Wall Street Journal
- 7, The Washington Times
- 8, Reason.com
- Videos, FreedomWorks
- Pliny Fever Strikes Santa Rosa Press Democrat
- Rising from the Dead Newsmax Media
- 2, The Washington Post
- Political Bookworm, The Washington Post
- Biography at FreedomWorks
- Profile at OpenSecrets.org
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Matt Kibbe at the Internet Movie Database
- Works by or about Matt Kibbe in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Collected news and commentary at The Atlantic
- Matt Kibbe at the Notable Names Database
- Profile at SourceWatch
- Archived columns at American Spectator
- Archived columns at TheBlaze.com
- Archived columns at The Daily Caller
- Archived columns at Forbes
- Archived columns at Fox News
- Archived columns at Human Events
- Archived columns at National Review Online
- Archived columns at Reason.com
- Archived columns at RedState