|Born||Matthew William Lapinskas
27 February 1989
|Other names||Matt Lapinskas|
Dancing on Ice
Matthew William "Matt" Lapinskas (born 27 February 1989) is an English actor, known for playing Anthony Moon in the BBC soap opera EastEnders from 2011 to 2012. He was a contestant in the eighth series of Dancing on Ice, finishing as the runner-up with skating partner Brianne Delcourt.
Early and personal life
Lapinskas was born in 1989 in Surrey and lives in Staines. Lapinskas is of Canadian Lithuanian origin from his father's side. He studied for a BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts at Brooklands College, and became a member of their theatre company, where he won a number of accolades for his performance in The Opposite of People. Lapinskas was in a relationship with his former-EastEnders co-star Shona McGarty, who plays Whitney Dean. They met on his first day on set and started dating two months later. Lapinskas described it as "love at first sight". The couple split up in February 2013, upon the discovery that Lapinskas was having an affair with Dancing on Ice partner, Brianne Delcourt. He also plays the guitar. He is dating and living with his Dancing on Ice partner Brianne Delcourt
Lapinskas played a student in the 2007 Stephen Surjik film I Want Candy, and in 2011, he was cast in the BBC soap opera EastEnders, playing Anthony Moon. Of his casting, he said "I'm absolutely over the moon! It's has been my lifetime ambition to be on EastEnders — I have watched it growing up with my nan, who is a big fan. I'm so pleased to get my first TV role, I just didn't believe it would be so big. I've met some of the cast I will be working with who were very friendly and welcoming and I can't wait to start filming". Lapinskas stated that he was "nervous" about debuting, but as he had shot an episode of EastEnders' spin-off EastEnders E20 before appearing in the main show, he felt it helped him to feel more comfortable. On 9 May 2012, Daniel Kilkelly of Digital Spy reported Lapinskas would be leaving EastEnders and his character would depart on screen in the coming weeks. Of his exit, Lapinskas said "I'm having a fantastic time working on EastEnders and playing the role of Anthony Moon. Working with David Essex, Tony Discipline and the EastEnders cast has been an absolute pleasure. Although I will really miss EastEnders and everyone involved, I am very excited about future projects and what is next for me as an actor." In an interview with Inside Soap, Lapinskas said that EastEnders was his first job outside of drama school and added that he has learnt a lot from the people he worked with. He also added "I was quite disappointed when I found out Anthony would be leaving—I'd have liked to do a lot more stuff with him. It's a shame to not be a part of what's coming up." In December 2012, he was revealed as one of 12 celebrities taking part in the eighth series of Dancing on Ice.
- Television and film
|2007||I Want Candy||Student||Minor role|
|2011–12||EastEnders||Anthony Moon||102 episodes|
|2011||EastEnders: E20||Anthony Moon||1 episode|
|2013||Dancing on Ice||Contestant||His dance partner was Brianne Delcourt|
- "Births search results 1761-2006". Find My Past. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- Lapinskas, Matt. "Twitter / mattylapinskas: So many birthday tweets today ...". Twitter. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- Portlock, Jonathan (20 May 2011). "Eastenders fame beckons for former Brooklands student". Surrey Comet (Newsquest). Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "Former Brooklands student joins Eastenders cast". Elmbridge Today (Elmbridge). 19 May 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- Littlejohn, Georgina (5 June 2012). "'It was love at first sight': EastEnders' Matt Lapinskas speaks about his feelings for co-star Shona McGarty". Daily Mail (Associated Newspapers). Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Buckland, Lucy (3 March 2013). "Shona McGarty plays down reports that she split from Matt Lapinskas after he 'grew too close to skating partner'". Mail Online. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Matt Lapinskas". Global Artists. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (10 May 2011). "'EastEnders' reveals new Moon arrivals". Digital Spy (Hachette Filipacchi UK). Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (20 June 2011). "Matt Lapinskas: 'I was nervous over EastEnders debut'". Digital Spy (Hachette Filipacchi UK). Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (9 May 2012). "'EastEnders' exit for Anthony Moon confirmed". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Jones, Allison (25–31 August 2012). "I've loved EastEnders - I'm disappointed Anthony's leaving!". Inside Soap (Hearst Magazines UK) (34): 98.
- "Dancing on Ice 2013 celebrity line-up revealed". Newsbeat (BBC Online). 18 December 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.