February 1, 1959 |
Portland, Oregon, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Olivia Newton-John (1984-1995; 1 child)
Cindy Jessup (?-2007)
Matt Lattanzi (born February 1, 1959) is an American actor and dancer. He is most commonly recognized as the first husband of singer and actor Olivia Newton-John, and less so for his acting in films such as My Tutor and the soap opera Paradise Beach.
Lattanzi was born in Portland, Oregon, the son of Jeanette (née Slowikowski) and Charles Paul Lattanzi. His father is a maintenance foreman of Italian descent, while his mother is of Polish ancestry. He was raised in Portland as well. While filming Xanadu, he met Olivia Newton-John, whom he married in 1984. The couple have one daughter, Chloe Rose Lattanzi, born on January 17, 1986. By 1992, Lattanzi's acting career was largely over, and he took a job as a construction worker for a home-building company in California. Lattanzi and Newton-John moved to their ranch in Australia in 1993 so that Lattanzi could audition for the new soap opera, Paradise Beach. He won a six-month contract for the show.
In 2008, he briefly appeared in the MTV reality series Rock the Cradle, supporting his daughter Chloe (a contestant on the show). That same year, Lattanzi—a life-long environmentalist—was reported to be living off the grid near Malibu, California.
His career consists mostly of small movie parts, though he did have a starring role in 1983's My Tutor. Other film credits include Rich and Famous, That's Life!, Roxanne, Catch Me If You Can, and Diving In. Lattanzi also had a significant role in the Australian soap opera, Paradise Beach, and he appeared in three of Newton-John's music videos, Landslide, Soul Kiss, and Can't We Talk It Over In Bed.
- 1993: Paradise Beach (1993) TV series .... Cooper Hart (unknown episodes)
- 1990: Diving In .... Jerome Colter
- 1989: Catch Me If You Can .... Dylan Malone
- 1988: Blueberry Hill .... Denny Logan
- 1987: Roxanne .... Trent
- 1986: That's Life! .... Larry Bartlet ... aka Blake Edwards' That's Life!
- 1986: Olivia: Soul Kiss (V) (uncredited) ... aka Olivia: Soul Kiss Videosingles (UK)
- 1984: Rituals ... (uncredited) (unaired pilot)
- 1983: My Tutor .... Bobby Chrystal
- 1982: Grease 2 .... Brad
- 1982: Olivia Newton-John: Let's Get Physical (TV) ... aka Olivia: Physical (USA: video title)
- 1981: Rich and Famous .... Jim, the Boy
- 1980: Xanadu .... Young Danny McGuire/Xanadu Dancer
- "To Have and Hold." People. January 7, 1985. Accessed 2013-08-26.
- "Olivia's Breakup." People. May 15, 1995. Accessed 2013-08-26.
- Hart, Marla. "Matt Lattanzi Sees Sunnier Days Ahead For 'Paradise'." Chicago Tribune. July 29, 1993. Accessed 2013-08-26.
- "Baby Chloe is a first for Newton-John, Lattanzi". The Milwaukee Sentinel. Jan 18, 1986. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- Thomas, Liz. "Olivia Newton-John's 'Dead' Ex-Lover Sends Letter From Mexico Saying He Is Alive." The Daily Mail. August 9, 2009. Accessed 2013-08-26.
- Byrne, Fiona. "Matt Lattanzi: Looking for Love in Australia." Sunday Herald Sun. July 6, 2008. Accessed 2013-08-26.
- Groves, Seli. "Matt Lattanzi: A Message from Paradise." The Spokane Spokesman-Review. July 27, 1993. Accessed 2013-08-26.