January 26, 1967 |
Corning, California, U.S.
|Education||Humboldt State University,
B.A. Journalism, 1990
|Notable credit(s)||The Press Democrat|
|Spouse(s)||Sarah Munson Maiocco|
Matt Maiocco, (born January 26, 1967), is an American sports writer best known for his work as the beat reporter of the San Francisco 49ers for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. He currently serves as the San Francisco 49ers beat reporter for CSN Bay Area.
Maiocco attended Humboldt State University in Arcata, California from 1988 to 1990 and graduated in 1990 with a degree in journalism. Born in Corning, California, Maiocco lives in the Bay Area with his wife, Sarah, and their daughters, Jane and Lucy.
Maiocco has covered the San Francisco 49ers on a daily basis for more than a decade. He writes regular stories about the team and also provides constant updates through his "Instant 49er's" blog, his Facebook page and even Twitter. Maiocco is featured numerous times weekly on 95.7 The Game as the 49ers Insider, and can be seen on ESPN where he has been added as a regular contributor to the "First Take" show.
- 2010 – Present: 49ers beat reporter at Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
- 1999–2010: 49ers beat reporter at Santa Rosa Press Democrat
- 1997 - 1999: 49ers beat reporter at Contra Costa Times
- 1995 - 1997: 49ers beat reporter at Oakland Tribune (Alameda Newspaper Group)
- 1993 - 1995: Sports Editor at The Argus (Fremont, Calif.)
- Roger Craig's Tales from the San Francisco 49ers Sideline, published in 2004
- San Francisco 49ers: Where Have You Gone?, published in 2005
- "Matt Maiocco-LinkedIn". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Authors". Real Clear Sports. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Matt Maiocco's Facebook Page". Facebook. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Press Democrat Author Biography". The Press Democrat. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Amazon Editorial Review". Amazon. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Chat Transcript". 49ers Webzone. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Press Row’s first interview: Matt Maiocco". Press Row. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Top 15 Team Blogs". Rotoworld. Retrieved 2009-08-08.