Reeves at the 2010 Comic-Con International
|Born||Matthew George Reeves
April 27, 1966
Rockville Centre, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||film director, screenwriter, producermodel|
Reeves was born in Rockville Centre, New York, and raised in Los Angeles, California. He began making movies at eight years old, directing friends with a wind-up camera. Reeves met and became friends with J.J. Abrams when both were 13 years old, and both were having their short films aired on a Public-access television cable TV channel.
Reeves attended the University of Southern California. There, he produced an award-winning student film titled "Mr. Petrified Forest", which helped him acquire an agent, and also co-wrote a script that eventually became Under Siege : Dark Territory. After graduating, he co-wrote The Pallbearer, which also became his professional directorial debut.
Reeves and Abrams co-created the TV series Felicity, and Reeves directed several of that series episodes, including the pilot, Reeves has helmed the occasional episode of other TV series, including Homicide: Life on the Street and Relativity.
He also wrote and directed Let Me In, a remake of the Swedish film Let the Right One In, which was released on October 1, 2010 by Overture Films. He was a special guest at the 2010 San Diego Comic Con.
In 2012, it was announced that Reeves will direct a movie based on the classic hit TV series The Twilight Zone. He says that the film will have one main story that could relate to the original series. The film was about to develop in summer 2013 but Reeves left the project for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
Since 2011 Reeves is working on the script of 8 O'Clock in the Morning, a science fiction film based on the short story of same name written by Ray Nelson. He will also direct the film and Universal Pictures will produce the film.
- Future Shock (1993) ("Mr. Petrified Forest" Segment) (Director/Writer)
- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (with Richard Hatem) (1995) (Co-Writer Only)
- The Pallbearer (1996) (also Co-Writer, with Jason Katims)
- Relativity (1997) (TV)
- Homicide: Life on the Streets (1997) (TV)
- Gideon's Crossing (2000) (TV)
- Felicity (1998–2002) (Co-Creator, with J.J. Abrams) (TV)
- The Yards (with James Gray) (2000) (Co-Writer Only)
- Miracles (2006) (TV)
- Conviction (2006) (TV)
- Cloverfield (2008) (Director Only)
- Let Me In (2010)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
- "00's Retrospect: Horror Softens Up in 2008". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- "Matt Reeves Talks Cloverfield 2". Dreadcentral.com. 2010-03-13. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- "Matt Reeves Talks DayCation - Promises a Darker Experience". Dreadcentral.com. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- "'DayCation' Dark and More Thrilling Than 'Twilight'". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- "SD Comic-Com 2010: Let Me In Party for Clever Code Crackers". Dreadcentral.com. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- "They Live Remake Isn't A Remake: Matt Reeves To Direct 8 O'Clock In The Morning". pajiba.com. April 12, 2011. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Matt Reeves|