||This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (March 2015)|
|Born||London, United Kingdom|
|Other names||Matthew Wilkinson|
Matt Wilkinson is a British actor, playwright and voice-over artist.
Wilkinson trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He has appeared in theatre, film and television, including Alan Bennet's The Wind in the Willows (Old Vic), Shackleton (Channel 4) and V for Vendetta (Warner Bros.).
He is also a voice artist for commercials and TV animations include Empire Square (Channel 4), The Adventures of Bottle Top Bill and His Best Friend Corky (Channel 5), Watership Down (CITV) and 64 Zoo Lane (CBBC), Justin & The Knights of Valor (Kandor, 2013) and The Unbeatables (Universal, 2014) He has narrated various TV documentaries and was the voice of Scott in Blizzard; Race to the Pole (BBC). For gamers, he is the voice of Murmur in EA's Hellgate: London, Zanark (Rider 2) and Alexander the Great (Total War).
He wrote and directed his first play Sun is Shining for Mu-lan Theatre Company. It played in London at the Kings Head (2002), BAC Time Out Critics Choice season (2003) and transferred to the 59E59 Theaters in New York City in 2004. Published by Samuel French (US). He co-wrote and performed in the UK adaptation of Hideki Noda's play Red Demon (Young Vic 2003), published by Oberon. Red Sea Fish (2009) played at the Brighton Pavilion Theatre and 59E59 Theaters.[not in citation given]
Thomas & Friends - CGI Version
Since 2009, Wilkinson has provided voices for various characters in Thomas & Friends such as Spencer (UK), Stanley (UK), Victor (Hero of the Rails - Series 16), Charlie (UK), Bash (UK), Scruff (UK), Diesel 10 (UK/US), Rocky (UK), Rusty (UK/US), Winston (UK/US), Cranky (UK), Butch (UK, Series 16 onwards), Kevin (UK), Stephen Hatt, Farmer McColl, The Duke of Boxford, Farmer Trotter and other characters alike in the "CGI version" of the British TV series and the 3D animated feature film specials (see below in Filmography).
Wilkinson replaced Rupert Degas as Diesel 10 in the 2010 special Misty Island Rescue after he was cut. In series 16, the role of Butch (voiced by Rupert Degas in series 15) was given to Wilkinson. He provided the UK voice of Victor from Hero of the Rails to series 16, until David Bedella replaced Wilkinson ín the role in Blue Mountain Mystery.
- 1995 - Soldier Soldier - Fusilier David Edwards
- 1998 - Wildside - Van Minh
- 1998 - The Gift - Technician
- 1998 - The Tichborne Claimant - Tom Hibbert
- 1999 - The Mystery of Men - Hendon
- 1999 - Watership Down - The Weasel
- 2000 - 64 Zoo Lane - Additional Voices
- 2000 - Harbour Lights - Simon
- 2000 - The Jolly Boys' Last Stand - Bruce 'Smarmy Bruce' Dean
- 2001 - The Finder - Lee Ting
- 2001 - Lava - Football commentator
- 2002 - Shackleton (Assistant Director)
- 2002 - Ali G Indahouse - Police Officer 1
- 2002 - About a Boy - Amnesty International Worker
- 2004 - The Missing Chink - Customer
- 2004 - The Bill - Paul Dutton
- 2004 - Sweet and Sour Comedy - Himself
- 2005 - Empire Square - Richie
- 2005 - V for Vendetta - Little Glasses Girl Fingerman
- 2006 - 2007 - Blizzard: Race to the Pole - Scott
- 2007 - Finkle's Odyssey - Finkle
- 2009 - Thomas & Friends: Hero of the Rails - Spencer/Victor/Rocky/Kevin/The Duke of Boxford (UK)
- 2010 - Thomas & Friends: Misty Island Rescue - Bash/Victor/Rocky/Cranky/Kevin/The Dock Manager (UK) - Diesel 10 (UK/US)
- 2011 - Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels - Stanley/Victor/Rocky/Cranky/Kevin (UK) - Diesel 10 (UK/US)
- 2012 - Thomas & Friends: Blue Mountain Mystery - Rocky/Cranky/Kevin/Old Bailey/Dock Workers (UK) - Rusty/Winston/Merrick (UK/US)
- 2013 - Thomas & Friends: King of the Railway - Spencer/Cranky/Kevin (UK)
- 2014 - Thomas & Friends: Tale of the Brave - Cranky/Kevin (UK)