Matte Babel (born October 13, 1980) is a Canadian television personality.
Babel studied at Wilfred Laurier University, earning a Double Honours degree in Sociology and Communications, along with a Minor in Business and Geography. Then he joined MuchMusic, as a VJ. He co-hosted Much on Demand, The IT List and Much 911 on the Canadian specialty music station. He also served as a morning host on Toronto's all-news channel CablePulse 24 (CP24). He was nominated for a Gemini Award in the category of "Hottest Television Personality" for his work at MuchMusic.
In 2011 he became the Los Angeles correspondent for ET Canada. He also did red carpet coverage for award shows including The Grammys, The Oscars, The Golden Globes and others. In 2011 and 2012, he also hosted the Global TV reality television series Canada Sings. He is currently a host on Fuse News.
In popular culture
- Babel cameos in music videos for Rich London's "The Answer", k-os' "4, 3, 2, 1" and "I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman", as well as Drake's "Started From The Bottom" and "5am in Toronto".
- He also appeared in an episode of the television series Degrassi.
- He took part in Press Day: Inside The Big Brother 14 House, tied for the 'Best Player' of the day.
- ET Canada welcomes Canadian Television personality Matte Babel, retrieved 2011-01-20
- Global TV: Canada Sings host Matte Babel
|This Canadian biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|