|Date of birth||9 July 1987|
|Place of birth||Bassano del Grappa, Italy|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2010–2011||→ Bologna (loan)||29||(0)|
|2011||→ Parma (loan)||4||(0)|
|2012||→ Bologna (loan)||10||(1)|
|2013–2014||→ Verona (loan)||0||(0)|
|2014||→ Chievo (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 September 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Matteo Rubin (born 9 July 1987 in Bassano del Grappa) is an Italian footballer who plays as a defender for Modena. Matteo is a strong running left-back who is as keen to get forward as he is tenacious in his defending. He has a strong left foot which is put to good use at free kicks and corners.
Matteo Rubin signed his first professional footballing contract for Serie C1 team Cittadella before signing for Torino in Serie A. When becoming a first team regular Matteo suffered a ligament injury to his left knee which kept him out of the season for 6 months, sustained while playing for Italy U21 team against Greece.
The following August, having returned to Torino, he moved on loan to Parma, who were without a recognised left-back after the departure of Luca Antonelli seven months earlier and Marco Pisano earlier that summer. Midfielders Massimo Gobbi and Francesco Modesto had previous filled in in that position.
- "Il Torino acquista Rubin". Torino FC (in Italian). 3 July 2007. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- "Matteo Rubin suffers injury". www.teamtalk.com.[dead link]
- "Bernacci al Toro". Torino FC (in Italian). 20 August 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- "Matteo Rubin al Parma" [Matteo Rubin to Parma]. Parma F.C. (fcparma.com). 6 August 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Rubin torna al Bologna" [Rubin returns to Bologna]. Bologna FC 1909 (in Italian). 3 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- accessdate=13 July 2012 "Il saluto di Rubin". Torino FC (in Italian). 13 July 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in Italy, about a defender, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|