|Born||Mattia Asinari di San Marzano
June 21, 1954
|Alma mater||Columbia University, Graduate School of Business, School of International and Public Affairs,
|Occupation||President, Caviar Luxury at WPP (2007–present)|
|Spouse(s)||Theresa Asinari (1984–present)|
|Children||Teo Asinari, Delfina Asinari|
Matthew Asinari (born Mattia Asinari di San Marzano, on June 21, 1954), is an Italian-American marketing executive. He is the founder of M2Studios and Caviar Luxury, two WPP based marketing firms. He was also the first CEO of a joint Western-Japanese advertising firm, the merger of Dentsu and Young & Rubicam, to form the world's largest advertising conglomerate. During his tenure as CEO, DY&R became the first ever western advertising firm to win the Asian Agency of the Year Award.
Asinari was born in Rome, Italy to Vittorio Asinari di San Marzano and Patrizia Asinari di San Marzano (née Mangano). He has four sisters: Mariana Asinari, Olivia Asinari, Ottavia Asinari, and Chiara Asinari.
Asinari was in Italy for his undergraduate studies and transferred to Boston University, moving to the United States for the first time. He received his BS in Communications, and then attended the Columbia University Graduate School of Business and School of International and Public Affairs, from which he obtained a Masters in International Marketing and International Affairs, by way of a joint program, in 1982.
Asinari was Account Managing Director at JWT in 1988, a position he held for four years. In 1992, he became JWT's European Director in Charge, and maintained this position for three years. In 1995, Asinari became the CEO of Dentsu, Young & Rubicam's Asia Division, which required that he and his family move to Singapore.
In 1997, he was a member of the panel on the "Marketing 2020" conferences hosted by Ad Age International and the International Advertising Association and in 2000 he spoke at the Fortune 500 Worldwide CEO Forum in Hong Kong, and the Global Marketing 2020 Forum in New York and San Francisco.
Asinari has founded his own two firms, M2Studios and Caviar Luxury, both of which are subsidiaries of WPP. He has conducted major branding campaigns for several space-based startups, working alongside Naveen Jain, Barney Pell and Bob Richards in the branding for Moon Express, Intelius, the Google Lunar X Prize, and Singularity University.
Family and personal life
Asinari has been married to Theresa Asinari (née Gunnella) since 1984. Together, they have had two children, Teo and Delfina Asinari. He presently resides with his family outside of Seattle.
- "Matthew Asinari's Linkedin Account". LinkedIn. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- Wentz, Laurel (June 10, 1996). "Asia is New Challenge for DY&R's Asinari: Tours of duty in U.S. and Europe led to Singapore post". Advertising Age. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- "Asinari to lead Dentsu, Y&R". Adweek Western Edition. Adweek. May 20, 1996. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- Fry, Andy (April 3, 1998). "Asia Report: How Clients Are Coping With Asia’s Currency Crisis". PR Week. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- "AAI, IAA Host 2020 Events". Advertising Age. January 13, 1997. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- "Caviar Luxury". Caviar. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- Wei, Ping (2004-06-25). "President Chen honors Gold Excellence award winners". The China Post. Retrieved 24 July 2012.