June 15, 1959 |
New York City, United States
|Alma mater||Williams College, Harvard Business School|
|Spouse(s)||Lisa Belzberg (divorced; 6 children)
Stacey Kaye (m. 2005)
|Parent(s)||Edgar Bronfman, Sr.
|Relatives||Samuel Bronfman (grandfather)|
Bronfman graduated from Williams College in 1981. After working at Goldman Sachs he attended Harvard Business School where he graduated in 1985. Bronfman began his career at Goldman Sachs and the Cadillac Fairview Corporation.
As one of the largest American Jewish investors in the Israeli economy, Bronfman is also the main shareholder in IKEA Israel, Israel Discount Bank and the Shufersal supermarket chain. He is also the chairman and CEO of BHB holdings, a family holding company. Previously, He was a managing director at ACI Holdings, a private equity firm based in New York.
He is a former director of Jenny Craig, BizBash Media Inc., Palace Candles, Inc., EARNEST Partners, LLC, Tweeter Home Entertainment Group Inc., and James River Group, Inc.
Bronfman is the chairman of the international steering committee of Limmud FSU, a program focused on strengthening the Jewish identities of Russian-speaking Jews, and the chairman of the American Jewish Committee’s ACCESS, which trains Jewish professionals to shape public opinion and policy around the world. He is also the managing principal of the Treetops Foundation, a charity focused on Jewish philanthropy and is on the boards of 92nd Street Y and the Canadian Centre for Architecture.
He is divorced from Lisa Belzberg, daughter of Canadian businessman Samuel Belzberg, with whom he has three children. He currently resides in Manhattan and has seven children. His son, Jeremy, is currently the CEO of the technology company, Enigma Technologies. In 2005, he married Stacey Kaye.
- Linde, Steve (May 23, 2012). "Matthew Bronfman: Top US businessman in love with Israel". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved August 15, 201. Check date values in:
- "Team". ACI Capital. Retrieved August 15, 201. Check date values in:
- Robert Kolker. "Tutoring Tycoons". New York. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- Ruth Graham (April 6, 2005). "Celebrating 10 Years Of Aiding Public Schools – Profile: Lisa Belzberg". New York Sun. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Nathaniel Popper (April 15, 2005). "Another Bronfman Makes His Mark". The Jewish Daily Forward. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (May 2013)|