Busche at the 2010 Tour de Romandie.
|Full name||Matthew Craig Busche|
May 9, 1985 |
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|Current team||Trek Factory Racing|
|Kelly Benefit Strategies
|National Road Race Championships (2011)|
|Infobox last updated on
January 4, 2014
Matthew Busche (born May 9, 1985) is an American professional road racing cyclist, who currently rides for UCI ProTeam Trek Factory Racing. In 2009, he gained notoriety for his rapid rise from a Wisconsin-based amateur team to Lance Armstrong's Team RadioShack within the course of one season. Busche was the 2011 US National Road Race Champion.
Busche, son of Craig and Cindy Busche, grew up in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and is a graduate of Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. He got his start in endurance sports as a runner, and first took up cycling in 2005 as a form of cross-training during a running injury. He was a two-time NCAA All-American cross country athlete, and the 2007 Iowa Conference MVP. Completing his college running career in 2007, Busche switched his focus to cycling and joined the ISCorp amateur cycling team. During his second season of racing in 2009, Busche rode as a stagiaire for Pro-Continental team Kelly Benefits Strategies, and was later offered a contract with UCI ProTour team, Team RadioShack. Busche spent two years with Team RadioShack and moved with a number of riders to the former Leopard Trek team to form RadioShack-Nissan for the 2012 season.
Busche currently lives and trains in Girona, Spain with his wife, Lisa.
- 10th National Road Race Championships
- 4th Gran Premio Città di Camaiore
- 5th Overall Tour of Utah
- 6th Overall Tour of California
- 7th National Time Trial Championships
- 7th Overall Tour of Austria
- 9th National Road Race Championships
- 2nd Overall Tour of Utah
- 8th Overall USA Pro Cycling Challenge
- 1st National Road Race Championships
- 3rd National Time Trial Championships
- 3rd Overall Danmark Rundt
- 5th National Time Trial Championships
- 7th National Road Race Championships
- 5th National Road Race Championships
- 7th Overall Tour of Utah
- 9th Overall Univest Grand Prix
- "RadioShack-Nissan-Trek announces lineup for 2012". VeloNews (Competitor Group, Inc.). December 5, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Trek Factory Racing (TFR) – USA". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- From Tosa to the Tour: Busche joins Armstrong's Team RadioShack – JSOnline
- Livin’ the dream – Cat 5 to RadioShack in three years – Matthew Busche | theroaddiaries
- Wauwatosa native Matthew Busche wins USA Cycling Pro Road Championship – JSOnline
- Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference – 2007 Iowa Conference Cross Country Championships
- One-on-one with RadioShack’s Matt Busche
- 2011 USA Cycling pro road championships results, individual time trial
- RadioShack's Matthew Busche finishes on the podium in Denmark
- Svein Tuft wins Denmark TT as Fuglsang moves into lead | Latest News | Cycling Weekly
- USA Cycling Professional Championships 2010: Time Trial Results | Cyclingnews.com
- USA Cycling Professional Championships 2010: Road Race Results | Cyclingnews.com
- USA Cycling Pro Championships 2009: Road Race Results | Cyclingnews.com
- Busche’s Breakout Performance | podiuminsight.com
- 2009 Univest Grand Prix Results
Media related to Matthew Busche at Wikimedia Commons
|USA National Road Race Champion