|Full name||Matthew Stephen Cassidy|
|Date of birth||2 October 1988|
|Place of birth||Blackpool, England|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2009–2010||Enosis Neon Paralimni||32||(0)|
|2003–2004||Republic of Ireland U17||2||(0)|
|2004–2005||Republic of Ireland U18||3||(0)|
|2005–2007||Republic of Ireland U19||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:31, 22 April 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Blackpool, he started his career playing for Bolton Wanderers Youth and Reserve sides from the 2005–06 to the 2007–08 season and was named Academy Player of the Year in 2007. In the summer of 2007 he made his full first team debut for Bolton in their pre-season defeat to Hibernian.
Leaving for Cyprus
After leaving Bolton in the summer of 2008, he was offered contracts at a number of English clubs including Doncaster Rovers and Luton Town, but Cassidy turned down these offers to accept a contract at Cypriot First Division club Enosis Neon Paralimni. after being impressed with the set up there. in the Cypriot First Division with Enosis Neon Paralimni. He was Ireland's first ever footballing export to Cyprus.
He made his debut for the Cypriot club on 29 August 2009, in his side's 3–0 defeat to Apollon Limassol, coming on as a second half substitute. On 6 December 2009, he made his first start for the club in a 2–0 win over APEP. After one year with Enosi Neon Paralimniou he left the club having made a total of 17 appearances scoring no goals. After leaving Enosis, Cassidy moved to one of the biggest clubs of the island of Cyprus, AEL Limassol. Cassidy signed a five-year contract with the club on 9 June 2010. He made his debut, coming on as a 70th minute substitute in their 2–1 defeat to AEK Larnaca. But after just the one appearance, he left the club for Othellos, serving just one year with of his five-year contract.
Return to England
He has represented the Republic of Ireland at U17, U18 and U19 youth levels. In 2006 and 2007, Cassidy played in multiple games during Ireland's qualification tournament for the 2006 UEFA under-19 Championships.
- "Profile". Fussball Talente. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Football Squads - Hyde". Football Squads. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Whatever Happened to the Bolton Wanderers Academy?". Manny Road. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Hibernian 3-0 Bolton Wanderers". Burnden Aces. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Irish 'Cypriot' thinks Trap has the edge". The Herald. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Cassidy relishing Cypriot chance". UEFA.com. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Enosis 0 - 3 Apollon". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Enosis 2 - 0 APEP". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Matthew Cassidy". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "AEL 1 - 2 AEK Larnaca". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Three New Tigers". Football Conference. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Hyde 1-2 Luton Town". BBC Sport. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Ireland under-19s". FAI. Retrieved 11 August 2012.