|Born||Matthew Joseph Continetti
June 24, 1981
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
|Alma mater||Columbia University|
|Occupation||Journalist, newspaper editor|
|Spouse(s)||Anne Elizabeth Kristol (2012–present)|
Life and career
Continetti was born in Alexandria, Virginia. He is the son of Cathy (née Finn) and Joseph F. Continetti. Continetti graduated from Columbia University in 2003. While in college he wrote for the Columbia Spectator and the Intercollegiate Studies Institute's magazine, CAMPUS. In summer 2002 he did a Collegiate Network internship at the National Review, where he worked as a research assistant for Rich Lowry. He joined The Weekly Standard as an editorial assistant, and later became associate editor.
His articles and reviews have also appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, and The Financial Times. He has also been an on-camera contributor to Bloggingheads.tv. He has criticized Glenn Beck as "nonsense." He has argued the American media turned on Sarah Palin during the 2008 campaign because they had blind allegiance to Barack Obama. He has criticized American academia as uniformly left wing.
- The K Street Gang: The Rise and Fall of the Republican Machine, Doubleday (2006)
- The Persecution of Sarah Palin: How the Elite Media Tried to Bring Down a Rising Star (2009)
- "Anne Kristol and Matthew Continetti". The New York Times. 2012-2-19.
- The Washington Free Beacon Masthead
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute biography
- Richard Lowry, Legacy: Paying the Price for the Clinton Years, Regnery Publishing, 2004, p. 343 Google Books
- Weekly Standard biography
- Bloggingheads webpage
- John Nichols, The "S" Word: A Short History of an American Tradition...Socialism, Verso Books, 2011 Google Books
- Michael Graham, That's No Angry Mob, That's My Mom: Team Obama's Assault on Tea-Party, Talk-Radio Americans, Regnery Publishing, 2010, p. 166 Google Books
- Bruce Elliott Johansen, Silenced!: Academic freedom, scientific inquiry, and the First Amendment under siege in America, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2007, p. 129 Google Books
- Matthew Continetti at the Internet Movie Database
- C-SPAN Q&A interview with Continetti, March 1, 2009