June 1, 1988 |
Toronto, ON, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||177 lb (80 kg; 12 st 9 lb)|
New Jersey Devils
|NHL Draft||117th overall, 2007
New Jersey Devils
Halischuk was drafted 117th overall in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the New Jersey Devils. He was drafted from the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) where he played for the Kitchener Rangers and the Toronto St. Michael's Majors.
Halischuk made his professional debut in the 2008–09 season with the Lowell Devils, AHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils. Halischuk played his first NHL game against the Toronto Maple Leafs on October 29, 2008 at the Prudential Center and recorded an assist before returning to Lowell for the remainder of the year. In the following 2009–10 season Halischuk scored his first NHL goal against Jose Theodore in a 5-2 victory over the Washington Capitals on November 14, 2009.
On April 30, 2011, Halischuk scored the game-winning goal in the 2nd overtime of Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinal series against the Vancouver Canucks to even up the series at 1-1. It was Nashville's first ever win in the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs.
On July 7, 2011, Halischuk signed a two-year contract with the Nashville Predators. On November 22, 2011, Halischuk recorded his first career fight when he fought Sam Gagner during a game against the Edmonton Oilers.
After the lockout shortened 2012–13 season, Halischuk was not given a Qualifying offer by the Predators, releasing him as a free agent. On July 11, 2013, he was signed to a one-year contract with the Winnipeg Jets.
Regular season and playoffs
|2004–05||Toronto St. Michael's Majors||OHL||30||3||3||6||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||St. Michael's Buzzers||OPJHL||32||10||15||25||4||17||5||11||16||8|
|2005–06||Toronto St. Michael's Majors||OHL||61||13||18||31||16||4||1||1||2||0|
|2008–09||New Jersey Devils||NHL||1||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||New Jersey Devils||NHL||20||1||1||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|Competitor for Canada|
|World Junior Championships|
Awards and honours
|First All-Star Team||2008|||
|Memorial Cup George Parsons Trophy||2008|
Halischuk is engaged to be married to Ms. Erin Pryde of London, Ontario on July 12, 2014.
- "Canada 2008 World Championship roster". hockeycanada.com. 2008-01-01. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Halischuk's overtime goal gives Canada gold medal at World Juniors". hockeycanada.com. 2008-01-14. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "In seesaw game, Maple Leafs top Devils on Hagman's shootout tally". CBS Sports. 2008-10-29. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- "Devils tally five straight to beat Caps; win 1,000th game in team history". CBS Sports. 2008-11-14. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- "Predators trade Arnott back to Devils". NHL. 2010-06-19. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Predators continue to work through RFA offer sheet mess, sign four players". NBC Sports'. 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Jets sign free agent forward Halischuk". The Sports Network. 2013-07-11. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "OHL Announces All-Star Teams". OHL.com. Retrieved June 2, 2008.[dead link]
- "Our Wedding". The Knot. Retrieved 2013-11-06.