Matthew Miller (journalist)
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Pacific Palisades, California|
Matthew Miller (born 1962) is an American journalist, senior fellow at the Center for American Progress, a monthly columnist for Fortune, regular contributor to The New York Times Magazine and The Atlantic Monthly, and author of The Two Percent Solution. He also appears regularly on CNN and MSNBC.
Miller was an unsuccessful candidate for Congress in California's 33rd congressional district during the 2014 election. The primary followed Henry Waxman's announced retirement from the House of Representatives.
Life and career
In the 1990s, Miller served as an advisor to the Office of Management and Budget in the Clinton administration. Miller is a senior advisor to global management consulting firm McKinsey & Company and to the firm's in-house economics think-tank McKinsey Global Institute.
On February 14, 2014, Miller announced his candidacy for the seat of Henry Waxman retiring member for California's 33rd congressional district He finished fifth in the primary election, with 12%.
Miller supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq but later stated that he was wrong in supporting the war, stating, "If I'd known beforehand that Hussein did not possess weapons of mass destruction, I would not have supported the war."
- Miller, Matthew (2003). The Two Percent Solution. New York: PublicAffairs. ISBN 1-58648-289-0.
- Miller, Matthew (2009). The Tyranny of Dead Ideas. New York: Henry Holt and Company. ISBN 0-8050-8787-7.
- Miller, Matt (2014-02-14). "Why I’m running for Congress". The Washington Post.
- Miller, Matt. "Mr. Miller Doesn't Go to Washington". Politico. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- Satin, Mark (2004). Radical Middle: The Politics We Need Now. Westview Press and Basic Books, p. 10. ISBN 978-0-8133-4190-3.
- Miller, Matt (24 June 2010). "A Case for 'Radical Centrism'". The Washington Post. Retrieved 23 February 2013
- Miller, Matt (22 September 2011). "The Third-Party Stump Speech We Need". The Washington Post. Retrieved 23 February 2013
- Miller, Matt (2010-09-02). "My Iraq mistake". The Washington Post.