Mulligan with the Jets in 2011
No. 85 Chicago Bears
|Date of birth:January 18, 1985|
|Place of birth: Bangor, Maine|
|High school: Howland (ME) Penobscot Valley|
|Undrafted in 2008|
|Debuted in 2009 for the New York Jets|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Matthew Benjamin Mulligan (born January 18, 1985) is an American football tight end for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Maine.
Mulligan was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He was released from the Dolphins on August 30 during final cuts. However, the Dolphins re-signed him to the practice squad the following day. Mulligan remained on the practice squad until his release on November 5.
Mulligan was signed to the practice squad of the Tennessee Titans on November 19, 2008. Following the season, he was re-signed to a future contract on January 12. The Titans waived him on September 4.
New York Jets
Mulligan was claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on September 6, 2009. He was waived on September 23. He was re-signed to the practice squad on September 24. He was promoted to the active roster on December 2.
St. Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers
Mulligan was released by the Packers on August 31, 2013.
New England Patriots
- "UMaine seniors showcase skills for NFL scouts — Sports — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine". Bangordailynews.com. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- Wagoner, Nick (26 March 2012). "Rams Sign Smith, Three More". St. Louis Rams. Archived from the original on 27 March 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- Packers sign TE Mulligan
- "Packers cut RB Green, TE Mulligan". Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- Patriots release OL Braxston Cave and TE Matthew Mulligan
- Wilkening, Mike (April 8, 2014). "Bears reach deal with TE Matthew Mulligan". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Maine Black Bears bio
- Tennessee Titans bio
- New York Jets bio
- St. Louis Rams bio
- New England Patriots bio
- Chicago Bears bio