Mulligan with the Jets in 2011
|No. 89 Tennessee Titans|
|Date of birth:||January 18, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Bangor, Maine|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Howland (ME) Penobscot Valley|
Career NFL statistics
Stats at NFL.com
Matthew Benjamin Mulligan (born January 18, 1985) is an American football tight end for the Tennessee Titans. He was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Maine.
Mulligan was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He was released from the Dolphins on August 30 during final cuts. However, the Dolphins re-signed him to the practice squad the following day. Mulligan remained on the practice squad until his release on November 5.
Mulligan was signed to the practice squad of the Tennessee Titans on November 19, 2008. Following the season, he was re-signed to a future contract on January 12. The Titans waived him on September 4.
New York Jets
Mulligan was claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on September 6, 2009. He was waived on September 23. He was re-signed to the practice squad on September 24. He was promoted to the active roster on December 2.
St. Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers
New England Patriots
On September 3, 2013 the New England Patriots signed Mulligan, but released him just two days later. The Patriots re-signed him on September 10. On September 29, 2013, he caught the last touchdown pass of Tom Brady's NFL record 52 straight games with at least one passing touchdown.
- "UMaine seniors showcase skills for NFL scouts — Sports — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine". Bangordailynews.com. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- Wagoner, Nick (26 March 2012). "Rams Sign Smith, Three More". St. Louis Rams. Archived from the original on 27 March 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- Packers sign TE Mulligan
- "Packers cut RB Green, TE Mulligan". Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- Patriots release OL Braxston Cave and TE Matthew Mulligan
- Wilkening, Mike (April 8, 2014). "Bears reach deal with TE Matthew Mulligan". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Campbell, Rich (September 15, 2014). "Bears promote cornerback Frey, returner Ross from practice squad". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- Alper, Josh. "Cardinals sign Matthew Mulligan, place Troy Niklas on injured reserve". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Maine Black Bears bio
- Tennessee Titans bio
- New York Jets bio
- St. Louis Rams bio
- New England Patriots bio
- Chicago Bears bio