Matthew Puckett is an American film composer, songwriter, and music producer. Born and raised in New York City, he attended the High School of the Performing Arts and received his BFA from NYU. Puckett lives in Los Angeles, California.
Songwriting and Music Production
Matthew Puckett has written and produced for artists such as Danny Fingers, Lynhurst, The Mowgli's, Kris Allen, Jess Furman, Clementine and The Galaxy, Mama Casio, Jenna Andrews, BEGINNERS, Nikki Webster, The Unlikely Candidates, Cathy Heller (Frontline), Adrianne Gonzalez and Kyler England (The Rescues / Universal Republic). Puckett wrote the theme song "Everything I Want" for the Peabody award-winning ABC show Boston Med. He signed a publishing deal with SONGS Music Publishing in 2014.
Matthew Puckett wrote the score for the film Brightest Star (Gravitas/Warner Bros. Ent.) and Boy Meets Girl both films were released in 2014. His songs, themes, and scores have been featured in numerous films and series, most recently: NY Med (ABC Series), After Fall, Winter (Showtime), She Wants Me, 2BR/2BA (Grindstone Entertainment), "Best Friends Forever (Dir. Brea Grant), Particles of Truth (75 Films), Hooking Up (ABC), Lisa Williams Show (Lifetime), and Crazy Sexy Cancer (TLC).
Additional film and television credits include: theme and score for Gravity (Starz), Being Human (Syfy featured Puckett's cover version of The Psychedelic Furs "The Ghost In You"), the score and end title song for Some Boys Don't Leave (Winner of Best Short at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival) starring Jesse Eisenberg, score and songs for Particles Of Truth (75 Films, Sundance Channel), Colin Fitz (IFC / Official Selection Sundance), Never Again (Focus Features), Starved (FX) and Make It or Break It (Disney). His music was also featured in the ABC show Hopkins, in which he is credited for the theme song, "So Much To Say" and other music and songs for the series.
- Burned Like Wood (1998) as Puckett
- 23 (2002) as Puckett
- Sad Little Car (2004)
- Five Dreams Of Being (2005)
- The Goodbye EP (2008)
- Some Boys Don't Leave - Music From And Inspired By The Film (2009)
- Andreas Stone (2009)
- Lynhurt "One of These Days" (2009)
- Cathy Heller "Turn the Sunshine On" (2010)
- Red Flowers (2010)
- After Fall Winter - Soundtrack (2013)
- All Our Hands In The Air (2013)
- Mama Casio "Shut the Lights Up - feat. BEGINNERS" (2014)
- Danny Fingers and The Thumbs "Cinelife" (2014)
- Matthew Puckett on LinkedIn
- "Music - Matthew Puckett". Retrieved 2010-06-25.
- Some Boys Don't Leave, Official Site
- Jones, Kenneth (8 May 2004). "Off-Bway's Atlantic Theater Offers New Short Plays, On a Theme of "Chance," at Its New Black Box May 17–22". Playbill. Retrieved 9 June 2010.