Settle in 2011
|Born||Jeffrey Matthew Settle
September 17, 1969
Hickory, North Carolina, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Naama Nativ (m. 2006–11)|
Jeffrey Matthew Settle (born September 17, 1969) is an American actor, known for playing Captain Ronald Speirs on the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers and Rufus Humphrey on the CW teen drama series Gossip Girl.
Settle made his Broadway debut in a strictly limited engagement in Chicago: The Musical, appearing as Billy Flynn from April 19 through June 13, 2010. He also had a guest appearance in the seventh season of Law and Order SVU as a reporter in the episode "Storm". From 2007 to 2012, Settle portrayed Rufus Humphrey, the father of Dan and Jenny, on the CW teen drama series Gossip Girl. Other past roles include his portrayal of Capt. Ronald Speirs in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, and also his role as Jacob Wheeler in the TNT miniseries Into the West. He also played the part of John in the film Beneath.
In 2007, Settle revealed that in 2006, at age 37, he had eloped to marry actress and model Naama Nativ, with whom he has a daughter, Aven Angelica born in 2009. The couple was divorced 10 May 2011.
|1996||Shaughnessy||Tommy Shaughnessy||Television film|
|1997||What Happened to Bobby Earl?||Tom Stahl||Television film|
|1997||Deadly Vision, AA Deadly Vision||Det. Max Seagle||Television film|
|1997||Justice League of America||Guy Gardner/Green Lantern||Television film|
|1998||I Still Know What You Did Last Summer||Will Benson|
|1999||Lansky||Bugsy Siegel (ages 17–26)||Television film|
|1999||Crime in Connecticut: The Story of Alex Kelly||Alex Kelly||Television film|
|2000||U-571||Ensign Keith Larson|
|2000||In Crowd, TheThe In Crowd||Matt|
|2002||Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood||Lt. Jack Whitman|
|2004||Mystery of Natalie Wood, TheThe Mystery of Natalie Wood||Warren Beatty||Television film|
|2004||Place Called Home, AA Place Called Home||Hank Ford||Television film|
|2004||Until the Night||Michael|
|2005||Mutig in die neuen Zeiten – Im Reich der Reblaus||Hal Morris||Television film|
|2006||Celestine Prophecy, TheThe Celestine Prophecy||John|
|2007||Blue Smoke||Bo Goodnight||Television film|
|2008||Express, TheThe Express||President Kennedy|
|2011||So Undercover||Professor Talloway|
|2012||Love Sick Love||Norman|
|2013||Sister's Nightmare, AA Sister's Nightmare||Phil||Television film|
|2015||Marshall the Miracle Dog||Doc Henry||Post-production|
|2001||Band of Brothers||Capt. Ronald Speirs||Miniseries; 6 episodes|
|2002||ER||Brian Westlake||5 episodes|
|2003||Practice, TheThe Practice||Russell Bakey||3 episodes|
|2003||CSI: Miami||Art Pickering||Episode: "Death Grip"|
|2004||Decisive Battles||Himself||Host; 13 episodes|
|2005||Into the West||Jacob Wheeler||Miniseries; 3 episodes|
|2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jackson Zane||Episode: "Infected"|
|2006||Brothers and Sisters||Jonathan Sellers||4 episodes|
|2007||Wedding Bells, TheThe Wedding Bells||Michael Madison||2 episodes|
|2007–2012||Gossip Girl||Rufus Humphrey||Main cast; 119 episodes
Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Parental Unit
- "Matthew Settle Biography (1969-)". filmreference.com.
- Terry Morrow (2007-01-19). "Insider: Sevier star announces he's married". knoxnews.com. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
Actor Matthew Settle, raised in Sevierville, has been keeping a secret, which has only recently been spilled to his family and a few select friends. The son of a Pigeon Forge preacher man got married six months ago..."I eloped," he says..."We got married quietly. She's from Israel"...He wasn't sure how his parents, conservative Baptists, would react to their son marrying a Jewish lady. "I was afraid they'd be angry about it, but they were delighted," he says.
- Andrew Gans (2010-04-19). ""Gossip Girl" Star Matthew Settle Makes Broadway Debut in Chicago April 19". playbill.com. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Kathy Henderson (2010-04-20). "What's Up, Matthew Settle? Chicago's New Billy on His Broadway Debut and the Secret Identity of Gossip Girl". broadway.com. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Liza Hamm (2009-03-05). "Gossip Girl's Matthew Settle is a Father!". people.com. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- Jenny Schafer (2009-09-15). "Matthew Settle & His Gossip Girl". celebritybabyscoop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "Settle divorce case settled". The New York Post. May 10, 2011. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matthew Settle.|
- Matthew Settle at the Internet Movie Database
- "Exclusive Interview: GOSSIP GIRL Star Matthew Settle". thetvaddict.com. 2008-05-05. Retrieved 2008-10-10.