Matthijs Egbert Huizing (born October 10, 1960 in Leiden) is a Dutch politician and former (sports) manager. As a member of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie) he was a MP since October 26, 2010 until December 6, 2013. He left after he had been recently arrested for driving under the influence. He focused on matters of supervisors, accountancy, social security, aviation, ship transport, inland navigation and harbors.
From 1980 to 1984 he was a member and also VVD fraction leader of the municipal council of the ward Kralingen-Crooswijk and from 2002 to 2008 and also till 2007 VVD fraction leader of the municipal council of Oegstgeest.
- "VVD-Kamerlid opgestapt vanwege rijden onder invloed" (in Dutch). NRC Handelsblad. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- (Dutch) Parlement.com biography
- (Dutch) Matthijs Huizing personal website
- (Dutch) House of Representatives biography
- (Dutch) People's Party for Freedom and Democracy website
|This article about a Dutch People's Party for Freedom and Democracy politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|