||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
|Education||Centro Scolastico per l’Industria Artistica, Lugano|
Mattia Bonetti (born 1952) is a Paris based artist and designer. Bonetti was born in Lugano, Switzerland and studied textile design at the Centro Scolastico per l’Industria Artistica. Bonetti moved from Switzerland to Paris, where he now lives and work. Prior to designing furniture, Bonetti worked as a stylist and photographer. In 1979 he began designing furniture. All of his work begins as a freehand sketch which is then fabricated. Bonetti has worked with the same fabricators for decades, employing craftsmen to make transform his drawings.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- 2013: "Indoor, Outdoor," Paul Kasmin Gallery, New York
- 2011: Duke & Duke, Los Angeles
- 2010: "New Work," Paul Kasmin Gallery, New York
- 2008: David Gill Gallery, London
- 2008: Galerie Cat-Berros, Paris
Mattia Bonetti's work is included in the collections of the Le Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris; Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Paris; Seibu Museum, Tokyo; Kunstmuseum, Düsseldorf, Germany; Le Grand Hornu, Belgium; Cooper-Hewitt Museum, New York, among many others.
- Wyma, Chloe, "'I Refuse to Classify': Mattia Bonetti on Blurring Boundaries in Design," ArtInfo, 04/15/13.
- Zara, Janelle, "Artist-Designer Equivocally Launches a New Collection at Paul Kasmin," ArtInfo, 04/03/13.
- Green, Penelope, "Mattia Bonetti's Loud Furniture," The New York Times, 02/17/13.
- "Collection: Mattia Bonetti". Cooper-Hewitt Museum.
|This article about a French artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|