Perin with Italy U19 in 2010.
|Full name||Mattia Perin|
|Date of birth||10 November 1992|
|Place of birth||Latina, Italy|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2005–2006||A.S.D. Pro Cisterna|
|2011–2012||→ Padova (loan)||25||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Pescara (loan)||29||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Latina and a product of the Genoa youth system, Perin was promoted to first team squad on January 2010, as a third-choice goalkeeper, and received the 88 jersey. He appeared on the bench in the matches against Grosseto (20 October 2010), Vicenza (24 November), Inter (12 January 2011) and Lazio (14 May). He made his professional and Serie A debut on 22 May 2011, playing as a starter in the 3-2 home victory against Cesena.
In 2011–12 season Perin played once for Italy under-21 Serie B representative team and twice for Italy national under-20 football team, both feeder teams of U21. He received his first call up for the Italian senior team by head coach Cesare Prandelli, for the friendly match against England held on 15 August 2012 in Bern.
Perin was included in Prandelli's provisional 30-man squad ahead of 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, and then confirmed in the 23-man squad as the third choice goalkeeper behind Gianluigi Buffon and Salvatore Sirigu. He became the youngest player of the squad and the only one who had no previous caps.
- Genoa vs. Cesena 3-2
- "Il portiere Mattia Perin in biancoscudato". Calcio Padova (in Italian). 7 July 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- "ALTRA TORNATA AL CALCIO MERCATO". Genoa CFC (in Italian). 8 July 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
- World Cup 2014: Striker Giuseppe Rossi in Italy's provisional squad; BBC Sport, 13 May 2014
- "International friendly: Italy edge to narrow 1-0 victory over Albania in Genoa". Sky Sports. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- (Italian) Career summary by tuttocalciatori.net
- Career summary by Soccerway
- International summary by FIGC (Italian)