|Full name||Matthew James Robson|
|Date of birth||23 January 1985|
|Place of birth||Coxhoe, England|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Left back/Winger|
|2009||Carlisle United Hartlepool 2014-||172||(20)|
|† Appearances (Goals).
Matty Robson came through Hartlepool’s Youth Development programme, following in the footsteps of Antony Sweeney, Jim Provett and Adam Boyd. While playing for the youth team, Matty Robson gained the reputation of being a quick and pacey winger with a keen eye for set pieces which saw him win Hartlepool's Young Player of the Year Award for 2002/03. However, he was promoted to the first team in order to fill Hartlepool’s “problem position” of left back by Neale Cooper.
He scored on his debut in Hartlepool’s first match of the 2003/04 campaign in a 4-3 win against Peterborough United. During that season Robson went on to make 26 league and cup appearances. The following season saw Matty Robson make even more appearances, participating 34 league and cup matches and scoring 3 goals. These appearances included the televised League One play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday.
Hartlepool were relegated next season but won promotion back to League One at the first time of asking with Robson making 20 league appearances and scoring twice for Pools. He later lost his place in the side to Andy Monkhouse and only made 17 league appearances in the 2007/08 season, 11 of which were as a substitute.
Robson signed for Carlisle United in 2009 after rejecting a new contract from Hartlepool. He played at Wembley in his first season for the Cumbrians in the 2010 Football League Trophy Final only to lose 4-1 to Southampton F.C..
Due to a formation change from boss Greg Abbott, Robson has struggled to hold down a 1st team place throughout the 2010/2011 season, after he had a delightful 2009/10 season, running the show on the left wing.
A firm fans' favourite, Robson won Carlisle's 2012-13 player of the year award and signed a new contract to keep him with the club until 2015.
- Hartlepool United
- League Two Runners-Up: 2006-07
- Carlisle United
- Hartlepool United Young Player of the Year Award: 2002-03
- Carlisle United Player of the Year Award: 2012-13
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 450. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Hartlepool 2-4 Sheff Wed (aet)". BBC Sport (BBC). 29 May 2005. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Matty Robson signs new Carlisle United contract". BBC Sport (BBC). 30 May 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- Matty Robson career stats at Soccerbase
- Robson's Official Hartlepool United F.C. profile
- Matty Robson profile at In The Mad Crowd
- Vital Hartlepool Profile: Matty Robson