|Population (2010 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
The town is situated on the tarmacked, all-weather Kampala-Masindi Highway. Matugga is located approximately 21 kilometres (13 mi), by road, north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are:00 27 37N, 32 31 44E (Latitude:0.4603; Longitude:32.5287).
Matugga is the starting point of the Matugga-Kapeeka Road, a 42 kilometres (26 mi) gravel road connecting the towns of Matugga, Gombe, Semuto and Kapeeka. The highway traverses Wakiso District and Nakaseke District.
The road was upgraded from gravel to bitumen in 2010 at an estimated cost of US$20 million. 65% of the funding was provided by the Government of Uganda, while 35% was provided by the Nordic Development Fund.
The exact population of Matugga is not known at this time. In 2010, the town's population was estimated at approximately 15,000, of whom about 60% were children below 18 years. However, the Electoral Commission for general election in 2011 had registered over 8,500 voters (citizens of Uganda over 18 years old) for five polling station located in Matugga.
The landmarks within the town limits or close to the edges of town include:
- The offices of Matugga Town Council
- Matugga Central Market
- Busaawa-Mmanze Health Centre - A Community Health Center administered by MACERUDET, a local NGO
- The Revival Life Center - A complex with a 450-pupil primary school, a 200-pupil secondary school and a 150-pupil orphanage administered by Pastor Ivan Lugoloobi of Revival Ministries a Pentecostal Church
- Catholic Centre - A Catholic Church Centre with St. Charles Lwanga Primary School administered by the Franciscan order of Greyfriars
- Ladybird School - An 80-pupil elementary boarding school administered affiliated with Ingleton Middle School in Ingleton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
- Road Distance between Kampala and Matugga with Map
- About the Matugga-Kapeeka Road
- Matugga With Population of About 15,000 In 2010
- The Electoral Commission Uganda
- About Mmanze Center for Rural Development and Training
- About The Revival Life Center
- About St. Francis Catholic Centre
- About Ladybird School, Matugga