|Full name||Hone Komanga Emery|
|1954–1958||New Zealand Māori|
|1962–1967||New Zealand Māori|
Rugby union career
Emery represented the Auckland Rugby Union between 1954 and 1959 and played for the New Zealand Māori rugby union team from 1954 to 1958. Between 1952 and 1957 he also played for the Combined Services side.
Rugby league career
Emery played for the Glenora Bears in the Auckland Rugby League competition. He made his New Zealand Kiwis debut in 1961 against Australia. That same year Emery was also part of the Auckland side that defeated Australia for the first time.
He finished his career having played 23 Test matches for New Zealand.
Emery died in 2011.
- Maunga Emery scrum.com
- League great Hone 'Maunga' Emery dies stuff.co.nz, 2 September 2011
- Maunga Emery maorisportsawards
- Coffey, John and Bernie Wood Auckland, 100 years of rugby league, 1909-2009, 2009. ISBN 978-1-86969-366-4.
- Coffey and Wood The Kiwis: 100 Years of International Rugby League ISBN 1-86971-090-8
- Emery boasts legends' genes Manawatu Standard, 29 September 2010